IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - love between a male n female  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

love between a male n female

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 4:57pm

Bismillah,

Dear sisters and brothers,

Yes, we do have to look into the eyes of our lecturer to understand the lecture, the teacher speaking to us, and the classmate whom we are working in class with.  To help with this, look for as long as you need to in order to understand what is being said and to communicate what you need to communicate.

Don't flirt.  Really, that is a great advance if you don't do that.  Don't accept someone flirting with you.  Walk away from them.

You can tell if there is any bad intention, and back away based on that.

Many people don't shake hands based on sharing illness.  We don't need to explain why we don't do that when we don't shake hands with someone.  We can make an excuse for that like "I am sick", in order to avoid long, difficult explanations.  Because the whole point is to not draw attention to ourselves and practice modest behavior.

The Quran you quoted says that Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.  This seems clearly based on the participants' evil intentions.  You don't have evil intentions, do you?  You are studying.  If you have any bad feelings, then you leave at once.  Otherwise, you are in a public place, and doing nothing wrong by paying attention to your studies.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:01pm

Bismillah,

That's certainly a question: loving the other sex wrong?

You can feel love for someone.  Why would that be wrong?  As long as you don't have bad intentions or do anything haram outwardly or think haram thoughts purposefully, why would it be wrong?

Allah, SWT, is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.  Intentions as evil things is a Christian idea:  Good intentions pave the path to hell.  (Or I think it is:  The path to hell is paved with good intentions.)

But in Islaam we are rewarded for good intentions just for intending them, and not punished for bad intentions if we do not perform them or act upon them.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Amina16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amina16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 1:33pm

Herjihad wrote"Many people don't shake hands based on sharing illness.  We don't need to explain why we don't do that when we don't shake hands with someone.  We can make an excuse for that like "I am sick", in order to avoid long, difficult explanations.  Because the whole point is to not draw attention to ourselves and practice modest behavior."

i don't think u should make up an excuse not to shake the opposite sex's hand  all u have to do is say u can't cuz its against ur religion and they will respect that.  Islam doesn't allow u to lie anyway.  U should always tell the trueth. 

When i first came to my Science class the teacher who was male extended his hand to me i said i can't its against my religion.  he respected that and didn't feel offended. 

Last year during awards ceremony I got some reward and when u go on stage u supposed to shake the Prencipal's hand.  When i got up i said "i can't shake ur hand cuz its against my religion."  He nodded his head and said " i understand."

"Words have Power" ex: The Quran
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 6:04pm

Last year during awards ceremony I got some reward and when u go on stage u supposed to shake the Prencipal's hand.  When i got up i said "i can't shake ur hand cuz its against my religion."  He nodded his head and said " i understand."

Well, in my school u r suppsed to touch the feet of principal-so when I didnt do anything they must have thought me to be really rude-guy.

And I think Amina's reply is more convincing-

Regards,Dayem.

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
Amina16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amina16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Dayem Dayem wrote:

Well, in my school u r suppsed to touch the feet of principal-so when I didnt do anything they must have thought me to be really rude-guy.

Regards,Dayem.

really u touch the feet of the principal?  I never heard this before. 

"Words have Power" ex: The Quran
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Amina16 Amina16 wrote:

Originally posted by Dayem Dayem wrote:

<!-- Signature -->Well, in my school u r suppsed to touch the feet of principal-so when I didnt do anything they must have thought me to be really rude-guy.

Regards,Dayem.

really u touch the feet of the principal?� I never heard this before.�

worshipping ur principal? is it allowed to bow down in front of someone ? dosnt it forms tha basis of kufur ?
aishag88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 11:50am

In India touching the feet is a sign of respect, to show respect. But in islam i believe it is wrong. The only person/thing/god ( i am refreing the things people bow to)  we should bow to is Allah- The india thing is from stories i have read, and people I have met. Forgive me if i am wrong.

Looking down is good, Looking at someboby in the west is respect, caring for what they are saying. Big  differnets of cultures, But I need to start looking down and not talking to guys. I don't flirt with them. But I still have found the guys have crushes on me!

Edited by aishag88
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 2:32pm
I think if you are young that you should avoid developing feelings for any boy until you are ready for marraige. I don't know where it says that you cannot even look or talk to a guy until your parents talk to him first. Many muslims at least in the west meet as friends or through relatives or friends and have some spark and then tell thier parents they want to possibly marry the person and move forward. And if you work or are in college you will have to talk to boys sometimes, you just have to control yourself and be a professional and not flirt. If you are older however, like in your 30's or 40's I find it laughable that if you wanted to marry your parents would discuss it, you are a full grown adult after all, and your parents might be out of the country or not even alive. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic