IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sudan - Meriam Yehya Ibrahim Ishag  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sudan - Meriam Yehya Ibrahim Ishag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 12:56pm
..free again

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27998881
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 12:27pm

Stern%20Smile

Meriam Ibrahim Re-Arrested in Sudan Just Day After Being Freed

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/meriam-ibrahim-re-arrested-sudan-just-day-after-being-freed-n139191

continuing in prayer for her and the family...

Edited by Caringheart - 24 June 2014 at 12:28pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2014 at 3:23pm
God does, and is, answering prayer.  Have been praying for her, her husband, and her children daily.  Today I saw this news.  Let's hope this time it sticks and continue in prayer that she is safe once released.
"Praise the Lord - Meriam Yehya Ibrahim is FREE!!!
Thank you for praying! "
Precept Ministries International

Now if only we could see similar results for Pastor Saeed, imprisoned in Iran for years now, for his faith.

Edited by Caringheart - 23 June 2014 at 3:28pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2014 at 10:27am
Not unexpected, so disappointing, but no surprise...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/02/sudan-retracts-claim-meriam-ibrahim-freed

There have been breaking developments in Meriam Ibrahim's death penalty case over the weekend.

First, a senior Sudanese official stated that Sudan was set "to free" Meriam.

Now, Sudan is retracting that statement, saying instead that it will wait for a court to rule on her appeal.

There is no doubt Sudan is trying to stop the growing wave of international pressure.

As her attorneys in Sudan said, "It's a statement to silence the international media. This is what the government does."

We must not be silenced.

Participate in redoubling efforts around the globe. 

If we let up, Meriam will be executed and a husband and children, will be left without a wife and mother, and children with only a disabled father to care for them.

Don't be silenced. Be heard.

Demand Meriam's Freedom. Sign the Petition Today.

asalaam, I pray you will take a stand against injustice.
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27651483

Thank you abuayisha. Smile  I had not seen this latest.  Very good and encouraging to know.
asalaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 12:24pm
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27651483
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

The world has gone MAD!

I just wish that these people would look into her background without condemning her as acting as judge, jury and executioner.

Even if she was a practicing Muslim woman there is no evidence in the Qur'an or the Sunnah that a person who leaves Islam should be killed. They rely on a 'weak' Hadith which is not enough to take the life of another human being.

Greetings Abu Loren,

Will you sign the petition to save her life for the sake of her children, and her husband, who I understand is in a wheelchair due to having MS?  Her husband and her children need her, as the community also needs its physicians.

asalaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2014 at 11:46am
�Apostasy,� by its very definition, is inherently contradictory to �freedom of beliefs.�

Treason is another matter... a separate matter, and should be separate from religion and religious choice.

Unbelievably, Sudan states, �This case remains a legal issue and not a religious or a political one.� A conviction and sentence under Shariah Law for �apostasy� is nothing but religious.

Faced with this reality, Sudan spins a web of lies and deception to cover its diabolical deed. The official government statement notes, �It is important to emphasize that freedom of choice is the cornerstone of both Islam and Christianity.�

Yet, for Meriam�s �choice� to marry a Christian man, she is to be tortured with 100 lashes. For her �choice� to be a Christian, she is to be hung.

The statement goes on to proclaim that �Sudanese Judges are qualified and dignified.�   There is nothing dignified about imprisoning two innocent babies while their mother is shackled in the cell with them. There is nothing dignified about killing a woman for embracing her faith.

�It is unwise and dangerous to politicize the issue at hand to spur religious tension between the two peaceful faiths with similar foundations,� Sudan asserts.

What?!  The very fact that it is a judicial pronouncement makes it a source of religious tension.

There is nothing �peaceful� about hanging a woman for her faith. It is Sudan and not the world that spurred �religious tension� by imposing a death sentence based on religious beliefs.

One thing is for certain: Sudan is listening to the public outcry. It is doing anything in its power, spreading any deception it can, to silence the world. Sudan must release Meriam and her two American children.

More than 275,000 people have raised their voice to demand their freedom. Join by signing the petition at BeHeardProject.com.  The world is watching. A woman�s life hangs in the balance.

* text in blue is my thoughts, my reactions, my words.
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic