IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A request for prayers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A request for prayers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A request for prayers
    Posted: 10 November 2005 at 8:22am

Assalamu alaikum,

Sisters, I ask that you would offer prayers for my friends sister-in-law.  She is only 28 years old and is seven months pregnant with her second child.  She just had a malignant tumor removed from the side of her jaw.....

There is great power in prayer and I thank you for any prayers you offer on her behalf.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 9:19am

I'll be sure to pray for her in sha allah.

Salaam

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 9:51am

Bismillah,

Sure!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
queenie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 12:51pm

Alee Ibn Taalib (ra) related that he heard the prophet (saw) once say that if a man calls on his sick muslim brother(or sister), its as if he walks reaping the fruits of paradise until he sits and when he sits he is showered in mercy and if this this was in the morning, 70 000 angels send prayers upon him until the evening, and if this was in the evening, 70 000 angels send prayers upon him until the morning.

subhanallah i just wanted to share that and remind us (including myself) of the excellence of visting the sick.

I pray your sister in law gets better inshallah. There is a du'a that you can read when you visit her. The prophet (saw) use to say. La-ba-sa tuhur insha allah. (never mind, may it(the sickness) be a purification if allah wills.

ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 4:54pm
May Allah give her quick recovery. ameen
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
Muslim Friend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:55am
Ameen and inshallah i will pray for her.
O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic