IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I don't understand this:  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I don't understand this:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsNabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I don't understand this:
    Posted: 17 May 2014 at 3:08pm
What does this mean??

The Light
1.[24.60] And (as for) women advanced in years who do not hope for a marriage, it is no sin for them if they put off their clothes without displaying their ornaments; and if they restrain themselves it is better for them; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

ll0OoO0ll View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll0OoO0ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 8:25pm
From Tafsir ibne kaseer.

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2413&Itemid=79
ll0OoO0ll View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll0OoO0ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:47pm
I think it has to do with elderly females (after the age of menopause) who have the option of not wearing a full body covering (like a burka) on top of their regular clothes. They must wear modest clothes and its better for them to cover themselves with full body covering on top of their clothings however it's not mandatory. Wallah o Alam.
MrsNabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsNabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 11:01pm
Okay... Hmmm... I went into menopause at the ripe 'old age' of 33. Now that I'm 54, I must be ancient!!

I suppose this will apply to me now.
ll0OoO0ll View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll0OoO0ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by MrsNabil MrsNabil wrote:

Okay... Hmmm... I went into menopause at the ripe 'old age' of 33. Now that I'm 54, I must be ancient!!

I suppose this will apply to me now. [IMG]smileys/smiley22.gif" align="middle" />

well, dressing modestly is good enough for you. There are other things to worry about. And this is a reminder to myself that, Salah (daily 5 prayers) is where most of our focus and energy should be spent so that we can honestly and humbly submit ourselves to our creator. It's because the first question on the judgement day will be about our Salah.

Scholars have said that if we have a good positive answer with humbleness to this question then rest of the business will be easy but God forbids if we are left speechless and shameful in answering this first question then rest of the proceedings will be harder and harder.

one of the sayings of the prophet (saw) is, "Don't leave (abandon) Salah even if you are set on fire alive"

May Allah make it easy for all of us. Ameen.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by ll0OoO0ll ll0OoO0ll wrote:

one of the sayings of the prophet (saw) is, "Don't leave (abandon) Salah even if you are set on fire alive"

Kindly provide a reference for this hadith. One of the basic foundations of this religion is; there shall be no harm.
MrsNabil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsNabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Originally posted by ll0OoO0ll ll0OoO0ll wrote:

Kindly provide a reference for this hadith. One of the basic foundations of this religion is; there shall be no harm.

Hmmm.... I have to admit that I searched and found nothing on this saying, but that's not to say that it isn't there.

ll0OoO0ll View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll0OoO0ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Originally posted by MrsNabil MrsNabil wrote:

Hmmm.... I have to admit that I searched and found nothing on this saying, but that's not to say that it isn't there.

Yeah I guess it was too late in the night and my head was spinning so I got things mixed up. I must apologize. The actual reference I wanted to give was (and perhaps a bit more strong one is),

People in the Paradise will ask from the wrong doers as to what put them into Saqar (Hell fire)? They will say, we were not of those who prayed.... 74:39-43

And the Hadeeth reference I wanted to give was, (and the closest meaning is)

The difference between a believer and a non-believer is Salat.

I hope that clears up and apologize again for the mix up.

Edited by ll0OoO0ll - 24 May 2014 at 12:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic