IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - veiling  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

veiling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASHI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 8:41pm

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

a good example of abolishing the grammar rules of sweet english language...

well do i have 2 be gramatically correct evrytime i post a msg here?? n how does it matter as long as people here understand wot i am trying 2 say...isnt it...???

n by the way none of the sisters has any prob with my lang....n i think thats more than enough...

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 8:54pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Originally posted by ASHI ASHI wrote:

well do i have 2 be gramatically correct evrytime i post a msg here?? n how does it matter as long as people here understand wot i am trying 2 say...isnt it...???

n by the way none of the sisters has any prob with my lang....n i think thats more than enough...

Umm... I guess the unusual thing with your posts is spellings (numerical transformation of words) not grammer. But its no big deal, nor does anyone intend to make  any of it - Not even Suleyman, we're sure.

btw, grammatical mistakes can cause  havoc, as the message gets crooked and people sometimes misunderstand.

The topic however is veil, not english grammar, so lets stay on track.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
ASHI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASHI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

... and what is wrong in watching a movie in a burqa? Please explain.

I read recently that women in India are joinng gyms in a burqa, and I thought it was a good move. perhaps you would want to throw some light on this as well

Maa salaama

first of all its my personal opinion...

well ofcourse am more than happy 2 know that women r even joining a gym in a burqa...coz it is 4 their health benefit that they have joined it while simultaneously following Islamic rules.....actually kudos 2 them

but wot r they doing in a theatre?? watching movies..... majority of the movies r so stupid these days...

n i am referring 2 women who come 2 watch the regular masala (commercial) movies.....with song n dance sequences etc etc etc....

yes i dont like it when they come 2 do a wrong thing clad in hijaab....y spoil the name of hijaab....??? dont u think people have the opinion that ladies clad in a burqa r conservative respectable Muslim women (n i dont mean 2 say that if women dont wear hijaab they r not conservative respectable Muslim women, its just that in hijaab they r more identifiable as Muslims) n when they come 2 watch such movies while other men who r strangers also watch with them.....

well i just dont like the idea....

ASHI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASHI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:36pm

Originally posted by ASHI ASHI wrote:

Umm... I guess the unusual thing with your posts is spellings (numerical transformation of words) not grammer. But its no big deal, nor does anyone intend to make  any of it - Not even Suleyman, we're sure.

btw, grammatical mistakes can cause  havoc, as the message gets crooked and people sometimes misunderstand.

The topic however is veil, not english grammar, so lets stay on track.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

"The topic however is veil, not english grammar, so lets stay on track"

well said Nausheen...

yes thers nothing really wrong with my grammar..n it can never be alhamdulillah...

its just that i use short forms/substitutes 4 some words 2 type quickly as i lack time n i type 4 IC while am at my job at the same time....so.....

Edited by ASHI
ASHI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASHI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by queenie queenie wrote:

Personally I don't see what is wrong with watching movies in a burqa either? If watching movies is not allowed in islam (which by the way I don't know if it is or isn't), then a person shouldn't be watching it regardless of whether they are in a burqa or not. The hijab is an issue on its own and shouldn't be confused with others. Like for example how is it OK for a muslim girl who does not wear a hijaab,to stand in public with a fag in her mouth. Yet when the hijaabi does it the sin or punishment is greater? Obviously I understand that it just looks wrong. But hey that still doesn't change the fact that both of them are equally wrong.

as for the girls in burqas roaming around with guys....how do you know they are not married? It beats me why a girl would go see her man all covered up? surely if its a date you'd like to show him your beauty not hide it? you should give people benefit of the doubt.

alhumdulillah i cannot relate to you ashi. as here in london more and more young muslim women are leaving their bad ways and are donning the hijab and actually changing their lifestyle, other muslims around should learn to be tolerant and realise that the change for the better is not gping to come overnight and people will still make mistakes in their process and insha allah learn from it. when we see someone doing somthing we feel is islamicallyt incorrect we should give naseeha to them, preferably in private and without embarassing the. but whatever action we take i don't think we should judge others because we should fear allah as islam is a journey and we shouldn't think oh just because i'm practising today i'll be practising my religion tommorow. you never know the people you slander today may be raised at a higher level than yourself in allahs eyes tommorow.

well ofcourse i dont mean 2 say that i am a saint n they r being devilish....nope....

i just mean 2 say that women r easily identifiable as Muslims when they wear Hijaab....n as u said it is equally wrong if a girl smokes(/drinks) without wearing or wearing a hijaab...yes true...but my point is that they bring greater dishonour 2 muslims by being easily recognisable....n imagine the chance it would give 2 critics of Islam 2 make a big issue out of these things....a girl in hijaab smoking/ drinking or roaming around.....dont u think it brings bad name 2 the hijaab....????

yes i have heard that in UK its all the more gud....i mean muslims r bcoming more aware of their imaan...n am really happy bout that....i hp every muslim including me awakes 2 their duties as muslimah...Aameen...

yes i know that people who i may feel r doing wrong may be dearer 2 Allah (swt) than i am....

but i dont mean 2 judge them n thats y i said that i "personally" dont like it....n 4get me advising them in public...i wudnt even do so privately...its just that here at IC i felt like speaking out wot i always felt ....thats it....i dont mean 2 judge any1 or say that i am right n they r wrong....but this is wot i feel.....

Edited by ASHI
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 12:25am

Ashi you have a good point there. People should adorn the hijab from the heart first, rather than out of peer pressure from parents or society.

In this the people who force the young generation to wear it are more responsible than the girls themselves. It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to make them understand why they should wear the hijab.

I haven't been to UK, but in Canada there are plenty of students who cover their heads on a tight T-shirt and clinging jeans. That is indeed too bad, and I would hold their mothers more responsible than them. When the child is young, if parents choose dresses that are not modest, dont guide them how muslims should dress and behave in public, dont teach the difference between muslims and non-muslims with regard to the basic principles of life, we see such problems.

Along with the hijab - which is a peice of extra covering, a woman's behavior, her body language, and tone in her speech should be well calculated when she shows up in public. If not, the purpose of the hijab isn't complete.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
ASHI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASHI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 3:18am

Ashi you have a good point there. People should adorn the hijab from the heart first, rather than out of peer pressure from parents or society.

In this the people who force the young generation to wear it are more responsible than the girls themselves. It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to make them understand why they should wear the hijab.

I haven't been to UK, but in Canada there are plenty of students who cover their heads on a tight T-shirt and clinging jeans. That is indeed too bad, and I would hold their mothers more responsible than them. When the child is young, if parents choose dresses that are not modest, dont guide them how muslims should dress and behave in public, dont teach the difference between muslims and non-muslims with regard to the basic principles of life, we see such problems.

Along with the hijab - which is a peice of extra covering, a woman's behavior, her body language, and tone in her speech should be well calculated when she shows up in public. If not, the purpose of the hijab isn't complete.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

yes exactly!!!!! this is wot i wanted 2 say...

thank u Nausheen 4 making my point more clear

JazaakAllah Khair!

queenie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 7:03am
ashi i do understand what you are saying, it is obviously bad da'wah for hijaabis to be acting this way in public. but on the other hand i think its wrong to judge.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic