IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pressure of the west  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pressure of the west

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pressure of the west
    Posted: 07 November 2005 at 7:14pm
 I know there are other young Muslims out there who feel the pressure of the west. To act Muslim and be Muslim in the west, does anyone have any tips, to not fall in the trap of western soicty?
Amina16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amina16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 4:48pm

Never conform to the Western Way.  \

Many Muslim youth in the West seem to be conforming to the western way of living.  I think this has to do with "peer presure".  But i believe that peer presure shouldn't be an excuse to throw away ur religion.  I am currently going to a school in the West where i'm the only muslim girl in my school.  My peers tell me to act like them but i tell them that without my islamic way of living my life has No meaning. 

Edited by Amina16
"Words have Power" ex: The Quran
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic