IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asalaam Alikum, Brothers...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asalaam Alikum, Brothers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 11:31am
 No brother, I don't mean that...Please don't get mad at me
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 5:09pm

Originally posted by aishag88 aishag88 wrote:

No brother, I don't mean that...Please don't get mad at me

huh, which brother are you referring to? Israfil is the only brother here so I guess you mean him ?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 5:11pm
About asking a mans opinion, its ok only if they agree that you look nice  
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
aishag88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 11:41am
Muslim Friend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:22pm
Thanks Jenni and yes shes correct in her answer.
O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 12:26pm

Aisha, may i ask, do you wear just a head scarf or the full length hijab thingy to cover yourself - sorry but alot of peopl use different descriptions for them?

From the impression i've had in your last 2 posts on clothing - you do wear trousers and a headscarf but you mentioned in another post that you feel guilty when you wear tight fitting trousers. I'm now confused. Why do you wear tight trousers or short tops if you feel guilty?!

O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
Deus View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Muslim Friend Muslim Friend wrote:

I'm now confused. Why do you wear tight trousers or short tops if you feel guilty?!

Good question! Tight-fitting clothing can be more revealing than covering the hair, agree?

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 5:30am

Thank you Deus,

Exactly my point  

If your clothes are loose and your hair is open, you will get less attention that covered hair and tight clothes. Tight clothes flaunt everything and atleast when hair is open, you can use it to hide something!!!

I know many girls who wear headscarfs and tight trousers, so tight infact, that bending over is a case of flashing to any passer by!!!

I on the other hand, as i stated or as many of you kindly pointed out contradicted myself(!!!) in this topic before, do not cover my hair but my clothes are loose fitted. if you are clear in you intentions to guys they are pretty much o.k with you. It is only when you allow them to flirt that they continue.

One point i have found is, that i would actually like to wear asian clothes to work, but i have a higher management position and find i don't get the same respect in asian clothes that i do in western clothes. Has antyone else had the same problem.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic