IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Feeling Alone  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feeling Alone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 5:33am
Originally posted by akh2014 akh2014 wrote:

My background: I finished my law degree in England (2007) and I currently live with my husband in the US (New Jersey). To cut a long story short, I am a convert. I don't use convert in the typical sense of the word - but merely a traditional sense. According to Islam (or my interpretation of it), every human being was born a muslim. In that regard, I was born a muslim but my parents (being of Sikh Indian origin) "converted" me to Sikhism. When I was 14 years old, I had a major interest in Islam. Initially, it was slight, but I began to get a little obsessive. At university, I was internally hoping some devotedly religious muslim man would somehow miraculously realize I was not a Sikh, help me with my "reversion" and marry me. I was so scared, and still am, of living this whole life a lie. Fast forward to today, I am married and I have a one year old daughter. However, my husband is Sikh. He is probably the nicest person I have ever met. That being said, he is not a muslim.

I have tried to indirectly tell him about my interest in Islam. He seems to have brushed it off. He is a lot older then me, so he merely thinks its part of my immature obsessions. Also, if I revert to Islam, I may risk losing my child (one of the grounds for divorce and child custody).

I cannot stop thinking about Islam. I've done the silliest of things to convince myself Islam is not for me. For instance, I would drink a bottle of beer with my husband and his family; or walk around in mini skirts, knowing full well I would be stared down, left, right and center. My husband loves it, but I feel SUCH immense guilt afterwards.

To tell you the truth, I am not quite sure why I am writing this. I think its because I want God (or someone) to tell me, jeez, I will help you revert to Islam. I will help convince your husband. I so badly need that support. I want my daughter to know what her mummy is, truly. On the flip side, I want my husband to embrace Islam. And, if he cannot, I will ask God to show me the true person for me.

My biggest disappointment is that after 15 years, I still don't know how to read the Koran or perform prayer. Further, my insecurities towards embracing Islam is jeopardizing my future goals. I stalk other muslim attorney profiles in New York, trying to convince myself that one day I will be a muslim attorney. I studied Islamic Finance Law, but I can't seem to convince myself to tell others what I REALLY want to pursue in my life.

If someone has an answer to all of this, please help me.

Without all the Hadiyth . This is the Real-Deal , No one can keep you from being a Muslim (But -Your-self ) , As far as the Holy Qur'aan , No-one keep you from reading/ following  The Holy Qur'aan ( But You ) .

As for learning how to make , Prayer I can post the way a Muslim should make Prayer if you like . You must overstand Islam is a way of life , Not something you put On and Off . Or one day a week like Christians do on Sunday . You have to live Islam 365 days a year everyday , Minut / hour , sec . You must overstand something , It's no such thing you can't ,

Also Allah is the judge not mortal's Man or Women . Only Allah !!!
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 5:47am
Assalamalecum,it is difficult to advice u but I will say that u shud thank Allah that he had opened a door of str8 path for u,u say th8 u fear losing ur child if u chuz islam.i say if u chuz islam above anything else there r high chanves th8 u may get success in this world n hereafter.bcoz Allah wants to c whether a believer choose path of Allah or worldly commodity.i know the importance of child to mother but think y Allah put a thought of islam in u y?? Y not people around u??? Sister islam is the truth, if u want to revert to islam there is no need to declare publicly its between u n Allah, start practising islam secretely, do ur salaah in private, no need to show others, start taking small steps stop alcohol, wear full clothes when u go out bcoz Allah in ch 33 v 59 of Quran says oh prophet tell ur women to wear a viel when they go out so that they can b recognised as muslims n prevent from molestation.start Reading Quran daily in language u understand,from this u will get courage n remember Allah in ch 29 v 69 says if u strive in way of Allah, Allah will open pathways for u.moreover don't revert to islam under compulsion, it shud b ur decision only bcoz Allah forbids compulsion in religion in ch 2 v 256 of Quran.hv faith in Allah bcoz if Allah is with u none can forsake u if Allah forsakes u there is who who can save u, let the believers put faith in Allah (ch 3 v 160).
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 3:33am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

The decision of the European fatwa and research council allowing a wife to remain with her non-Muslim husband was the most important decisions made in the eighth meeting of the council held July 18-22, 2001, in the Spanish city of Valencia. The meeting was headed by Dr. Youssef Al-Qardawi, president of the council.

Al-Qardawi explains, "according to the schools of Islamic Shari�a [law] a Muslims woman can marry only a Muslim. This is a point on which all the scholars agreed. Another point of disagreements was that whether the woman should stay with her non-Muslim husband if she decided to join Islam."

... "In my opinion allowing them to stay with their husbands, which agrees with the Qur�an and is supported by opinions of Ali Ibn Abi-Taleb, goes with the needs of new Muslim women in non-Muslim lands, especially if they have children from that marriage... It may disagree with what many scholars are familiar with. But it does have bases in Islam."

Counselor sheikh Feisal Mawlawi, vice-president of the council elaborates, "This study is limited to a woman living in a non-Muslim country... and decided to join Islam while her husband will remain non-Muslim... First, if the husband is not a person she is allowed to marry in Islam, i.e. a brother or else, the marriage is broken immediately... Other than that, there are bases in Islam to let her stay with him..."

Scary scary abuayisha and European fatwa and research council.

I don't know what kind if Islam you practice but a woman who is a Muslim (new or otherwise) cannot remain married to an non Muslim husband. Her options are either to convince her husband to convert to Islam or leave him if he is unwilling. No buts, ifs or maybe's.

This is what Islam has come to... we make up what we want to suit our own needs.

Scary scary Islam ...
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 2:00am
Assalamalecum,totally agreed with abu loren sir, bcoz I can give eg from my family, my cousin married a hindu, she converted but her mother also lives in my cousin's house n she is still hindu,I know this eg sumvot away from topic, but another from several disadvantages of intercaste marriage is this that a spouse whether husband or wife may revert to islam but what abt family???? Bcoz Allah says in ch 2 v 208 of Quran enter islam completely.so I am with loren sir,n conclusion is the best marriage is the marriage between muslim boy n Muslim girl, bcoz it is done for sake of Allah.Allahfiz.
akh2014 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akh2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 11:15am
Thank you for the messages. I am overwhelmed by the information and responses. If anyone lives in New York or Chicago who can help me out with a few difficulties I am having in the study of Islam - please shoot me a private message. Thanks again!
Al Saadiqeen21 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 3:17am

Thank you for the messages. I am overwhelmed by the information and responses. If anyone lives in New York or Chicago who can help me out with a few difficulties I am having in the study of Islam - please shoot me a private message. Thanks again!

What is it that you want to know about the Teaching / Doctrine of Islam ?
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

truthfull View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 6:13pm

Since you convert I think your marriage is not valid
You should ask religious man

Huda Tv : have program answer question ( ask Huda)

No one can preserve you in grave other than creator

As we know human body ruin after death
Proved Muslim body doesn't ruin :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTwEkf_zOKM

Muslim in death time happy :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O0U6HQS51Tk

You can let him see such video
Maybe he change his mind

Allah say in quran :

And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

Sikh brother convert islam

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Up-i6KLxlLk

We will not live more than hundred years
Those who lived till 100 years rare
Who reached 90 countable
Those live until 80
Most people live until 70

We can't be sure we will live until 70

Many people die before they reach 90

We are just name to angel of death

He is doing his job

If you 40 you left thirty years

If you skip after life, then
You passed

If any one fail, that mean eternal torture

May allah grant you heaven

Allah say in quran :

So whoever Allah wants to guide - He expands his breast to [contain] Islam;

Allah say about who convert to islam :

Allah will bring forth a people He will love and who will love Him

Edited by truthfull - 14 May 2014 at 6:37pm
ll0OoO0ll View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ll0OoO0ll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 9:14pm

I am in NY. Let me know how can I assist you?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic