IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jumu'ah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jumu'ah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Allaahu Akbar View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allaahu Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jumu'ah
    Posted: 24 April 2014 at 2:23am
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
I think I might be the only Muslim in that place. I think it's a small place, an education centre, not like a big mainstream school I think.
جزاك اللهُ خيراً
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2014 at 12:13pm

Salam,

How many muslim on your school? let say you have over 10, you might able to ask permision to your school to mak jumah at school.  You don't need to bring outsider, you can hold it or your wn. One of you can be the the imam and khatib (who give sermon). Will be even better of you have a muslim men teacher. Phphet Muhammad PBUH said "Balighu 'anni walau ayah" , deliver/share it even only one verse.

بلغوا عني ولو آية

I have one real story like this in Los Angeles, they perform friday prayer at school. They have only one muslim men teacher. When I was in high school (not in US) we have friday prayer at school, and the khatib and Imam were students, as a place to practice.

Edited by semar - 23 April 2014 at 12:18pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Allaahu Akbar View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allaahu Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2014 at 3:11am
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
I could be going to school on Friday but in order to go for Jumu'ah prayer, I may want to leave for a bit. Since I don't think there is a Masjid extremely near there so I could leave at about 12.30 and get back by about 14.15 but the lunch break is I think only about 20 minutes. I don't think there are many other Muslims in the school. The problem I think, may be in trying to convince my parents to let me skip school or at least some of it to go for Jumu'ah prayer as they might not want me to do so. I don't think the school would allow me to bring in Muslims from outside to pray Jumu'ah prayer with me and I don't think I know of anybody willing to do so.
جزاك اللهُ خيراً
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic