IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1948 Creation & Catastrophe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1948 Creation & Catastrophe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

I asked you if your congregation has sent any aid to the Palestinians whatsoever.  How much more "clear and rational" can I be?  You were boasting how your congregation sent sweaters to Syria.  But what about Palestine? 

Greetings islamispeace,

Aren't there Palestinian refugees staying in Syria?

asalaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 6:01pm

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

People are aware of what's being done to Christians in Syria?
Ar-Raqqah
They have also been pushed out and their lands and property taken.

Yes, Syria is a mess right now and many people are suffering, including the Christians.  The war has killed 150,000 people and Assad's thugs as well as Al-Qaeda's thugs are making life miserable for people there. 

How does this change the fact that Israel has made life miserable for the Palestinians for over 60 years?  Of course, it doesn't change anything.  I don't make excuses for the crimes of so-called "Muslims" like Al-Qaeda fanatics, yet many Christians make excuses for Israel.

By the way, this petition caught my eye:

https://www.change.org/petitions/sncf-pay-reparations-to-victims-of-the-holocaust

The petition's promoter, a Holocaust survivior, wants a French railroad company to pay reparations to Holocaust survivors for collaborating with the Nazis.  Of course, I signed the petition.  It's the right thing to do.  But I wonder how you feel about this?  After all, isn't the person who started this petition living in the past?  Shouldn't he forget what happened in the past and just move on?  Shouldn't he and other Holocaust survivors just "recover"? 

Greetings islamispeace,

We were talking about loss, you and I, and moving on with life.  Do you suppose these Christians will be carrying on the fight for their lost property,etc., with armed conflict, 40 years into the future... or even 1 year into the future?  I do not think so.  They will move on.  Others at a later time may move back and begin again, or they may not, but regardless, what's done is done, and the only thing to do is move forward with whatever the future may be able to provide.  Do you understand?

The only excuse for Israel is the same one that there would be for Syria if Christians the world over decided to take up the battle cry against Syria for generations to come, or if they were saying that Syria has no right to exist. 

Starting a petition for reparitions is a far cry from people continuing an armed battle(especially one fueled from outside sources).  Yes, a petition to lawfully regain what was lost is the right thing to do... to do things using the law, and peaceful power of the people to gain justice.

But when a country is attacked in the ways of warfare, they have no choice but to respond in the ways of warfare.  Can you understand?

asalaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 04 March 2014 at 6:07pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 5:34am
Islamispeace wrote: has your congregation sent any aid to the Palestinians whatsoever.

I don't know what relevance your question has to the current topic, but of course we do. Lutheran charities, as well as all other Christian charities and Western non-religious charities, help people all over the world.

For example:

In 2008, 144,838 Palestinians entered Israel for medical treatment, and in 2009 there was a 20% increase, with 172,863 entries of Palestinians into Israel. A year later, in 2010, 175,151 Palestinians entered Israel for treatment, and in 2011, there was an increase of 13% - 197,713 entries of Palestinians. In 2012, there was an additional 6.5% increase, i.e. 210,469 Palestinians in need of medical care entered Israel in order to be treated in Israeli hospitals.

Moreover, during 2012, the Civil Administration financed life-saving medical treatments for 20 Palestinian children (marrow transplants, kidney transplants, purchase of a pump for P.N.T., prenatal diagnosis, impaired intestine surgery and baby obstruction) and more medical treatments worth more than 1,500,000 NIS per year.

The Augusta Victoria Hospital in East Jerusalem, which is financed by the World Lutheran Federation, UNRWE, has established several mobile clinics which travel across the Judea and Samaria region and provide patients with medical treatment. The hospital operates the mobile clinics as part of a continuous commitment to cope particularly with diabetes and breast cancer among the Palestinian population, to optimize treatment and bring it to the patients and to the needy.

Health care in West Bank and Gaza
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 2:01pm
Nigeria under siege by Boko Haram
�February 18th, we had a situation where Boko Haram surrounded a village, separated Christians from the Muslims, and then massacred 106 Christians. Then last week, it flared up yet again when they surrounded a school and killed over 100 children.�
"The ongoing loss in northern Nigeria is devastating: people have lost their homes, places of business, churches, and many have lost their loved ones. "

Why is Palestine considered as unique...
only because of prejudice.

Edited by Caringheart - 06 March 2014 at 2:01pm
Blessed be God forever
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 7:32am
Caringheart, I am no longer surprised when muslims ignore muslim on non-muslim violence, but I am puzzled when muslims totally ignore muslim-on-muslim violence.

I just read a particularly depressing article on Syria:

Doctors in Syria are being forced to give children unnecessary amputations and patients are choosing to be knocked out with metal bars rather than endure operations without anaesthesia, a new report on the disintegration of the war-torn nation�s health system says.

Three years of brutal conflict has left 60 per cent of Syria�s hospitals damaged or destroyed, while many health workers and medical staff have been killed, imprisoned or have fled the country altogether.

Children given unnecessary amputations as Syria's health system deteriorates

Horrible situation. The citizens of the world should be doing everything they can to help the people suffering in Syria. Yet, the response of Islamispeace is to fly into a rage because Christians are providing aid to Syrian muslims instead of Palestinians? Go figure.

Speaking as a Lutheran, we try to get the "biggest bang for the buck" possible with our aid dollars. Currently, the needs of Syrian muslims are much, much greater than the needs of people living in the West Bank or Gaza. It is logical that aid should be given to the Syrians.

There must be some reason the majority of muslims refuse, under any circumstances, to criticize any muslims who are committing muslim on muslim violence, whether that violence is against Sunni muslims as is happening in Syria, or is against Shia muslims as is happening in Iraq. Anyone here care to explain???

Edited by Reepicheep - 09 March 2014 at 7:47am
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 3:16pm
I see the two hypocrites have been adding to the ignorance and bias in the last few days.  Sorry to keep you waiting on a response, but I am busy with other things.  I will be responding to the points you have raised in a short while.  The misinformation and self-righteous hypocrisy will be exposed, inshaAllah.   
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

I don't know what relevance your question has to the current topic, but of course we do. Lutheran charities, as well as all other Christian charities and Western non-religious charities, help people all over the world.

I asked if your specific church (the one you attend) which sent 150 sweaters to Syria has also sent aid to Palestinians.  Have you personally donated to Palestine? 

I did look into the activities of the Lutheran World Federation and they have done some very good work.  Not only have they helped the Palestinians, they have also spoken out against the occupation.

http://lwfjerusalem.org/2005/09/lwf-council-urges-israel-to-end-occupation-of-palestinian-territories/

So for that, I applaud them.  As I stated before, there are good Jews and Christians doing a lot of good work in opposing Israel's brutality and not making excuses for it, like some two-faced hypocrites.

�February 18th, we had a situation where Boko Haram surrounded a village, separated Christians from the Muslims, and then massacred 106 Christians. Then last week, it flared up yet again when they surrounded a school and killed over 100 children.�
"The ongoing loss in northern Nigeria is devastating: people have lost their homes, places of business, churches, and many have lost their loved ones. "

It's amazing how deceivers like you only give half the story.  First of all, Nigerian Christian militias have committed horrific acts of violence against Muslims as well.  There is blood on both sides.  Second, Boko Haram has also attacked and killed Muslims.  Third, Palestine has been under an Israeli occupation for over 60 years.  Palestinians were driven from their homes.  Another difference is that hypocrites such as yourself and your buddy reepicheep make excuses for Israel or try to lessen the significance of its crimes.  I haven't seen any Muslim on this forum make excuses for Boko Haram.  Have you?

Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

Caringheart, I am no longer surprised when muslims ignore muslim on non-muslim violence, but I am puzzled when muslims totally ignore muslim-on-muslim violence.
I just read a particularly depressing article on Syria:

Doctors in Syria are being forced to give children unnecessary amputations and patients are choosing to be knocked out with metal bars rather than endure operations without anaesthesia, a new report on the disintegration of the war-torn nation�s health system says.

Three years of brutal conflict has left 60 per cent of Syria�s hospitals damaged or destroyed, while many health workers and medical staff have been killed, imprisoned or have fled the country altogether.

Children given unnecessary amputations as Syria's health system deteriorates

Horrible situation. The citizens of the world should be doing everything they can to help the people suffering in Syria. Yet, the response of Islamispeace is to fly into a rage because Christians are providing aid to Syrian muslims instead of Palestinians? Go figure.

Speaking as a Lutheran, we try to get the "biggest bang for the buck" possible with our aid dollars. Currently, the needs of Syrian muslims are much, much greater than the needs of people living in the West Bank or Gaza. It is logical that aid should be given to the Syrians.

There must be some reason the majority of muslims refuse, under any circumstances, to criticize any muslims who are committing muslim on muslim violence, whether that violence is against Sunni muslims as is happening in Syria, or is against Shia muslims as is happening in Iraq. Anyone here care to explain???

Opening your mouth again and letting out more hot air, are we?  You really should keep your mouth shut, because I think the hot air coming out is contributing to global warming!

Muslims do not "ignore muslim on non-muslim violence" or "muslim-on-muslim violence".  Many of us have spoken out against both.  You make blanket statements due to your own ignorance and prejudice. 

Anyway, here is some more bedtime reading for both of you hypocrites.  First, some information on Christian violence against Muslims, especially in the Central African Republic:

http://www.loonwatch.com/2014/03/u-n-says-west-of-central-african-republic-cleansed-of-muslims/

http://www.loonwatch.com/2014/01/mad-dog-the-cannibal-still-eating-the-flesh-of-muslim-victims/

The second link describes the ritualistic cannibalism perpetrated by a Christian fanatic.  Pretty gruesome stuff...

Second, here is some more information on Israel and its treatment of Palestinians:

http://syrianfreepress.wordpress.com/2014/02/13/australian-film-on-israels-torturing-of-palestinian-children-sparks-controversy-not-allowed-medical-treatment/ 

http://electronicintifada.net/content/matter-revenge-israel-denying-medical-treatment-gaza/7224

http://revolutionaryfrontlines.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/a-nation-behind-bars-8500-palestinian-political-prisoners-abused-and-tortured-in-israeli-prisons/

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1725422,00.html

http://electronicintifada.net/content/interview-palestinian-women-prisoners-shackled-during-childbirth/9822

Sick stuff...Let's see what the apologists for Israel have to say. 

Edited by islamispeace - 09 March 2014 at 8:07pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 9:59pm

I haven't seen any Muslim on this forum make excuses for Boko Haram.  Have you?

Greetings islamispeace,

No, but where is the outcry for these people who are losing their homes, their land, their lives, their loved ones?  Why only the outcry against Israel?  Prejudice.

asalaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 09 March 2014 at 10:00pm
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic