IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1948 Creation & Catastrophe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1948 Creation & Catastrophe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1948 Creation & Catastrophe
    Posted: 26 February 2014 at 10:54am
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1056533178/1948-creation-and-catastrophe

1948 Creation & Catastrophe Project

1948 realized a dream: a Jewish state. But creation led to catastrophe - over 700,000 Palestinians lost their homes, never to return.

The year 1948 saw the establishment of the state of Israel, the culmination of generations of Jewish persecution across Europe and Russia. But that same year proved catastrophic for the Palestinians - 700,000 to 900,000 men, women and children were forced to leave their homes and never allowed to return. This was the most pivotal year in the most controversial conflict in the world, but it is almost never mentioned on American television, radio, or newspaper stories.  This is your opportunity to change that.

In working on this project, we have traveled to Palestine, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, the US and the UK. We have interviewed dozens of Israelis and Palestinians who experienced 1948 first-hand: militia fighters, civilians, people who were forced to flee their homes, and those who made sure the refugees would never return. These are stories that deserve to be told. Right now, you can give these people the opportunity to tell their story to a Western audience � something that they have been largely denied for their entire lives.

Edited by semar - 26 February 2014 at 10:59am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 11:37am
Question
It is so convenient to overlook the fact that the palestinians would not have lost their homes had the Arabs not declared a war against the new state.
I will be interested to see the finished project.

Edited by Caringheart - 22 May 2014 at 1:48pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

[IMG]smileys/smiley25.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Question" />It is so convenient to overlook the fact that the palestinians would not have lost their homes had not the Arabs declared a war against the new state.I will be interested to see the finished project.

Huh who created war??????you better get your facts right or you heading for some real hard hitting facts which you do not have a clue as to what happened in 1948.
Ismail
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 1:25pm

It is so convenient to overlook the fact that the palestinians would not have lost their homes had not the Arabs declared a war against the new state.I will be interested to see the finished project.

Also, the Palestinians who remained in Israel during the 1948 war have full citizenship. Currently, around 21% of Israeli citizens are of Arab ancestry, and many thousand more Arabs who live in East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights are eligible for Israeli citizenship, if they want it, but they instead choose to live as "permanent residents".
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

[IMG]smileys/smiley25.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Question" />It is so convenient to overlook the fact that the palestinians would not have lost their homes had not the Arabs declared a war against the new state.I will be interested to see the finished project.

Huh who created war??????you better get your facts right or you heading for some real hard hitting facts which you do not have a clue as to what happened in 1948.
Ismail

What can you expect from such people?  Facts don't matter to them.

About the 1948 war, scholar Noam Chomsky clears up the myths that people like "Caringheart" peddle:

"Syria in 1949 offered a full peace treaty to Israel, which Israel rejected. There are good indications that the Arab states did not want to go to war in May 1948. Nahum Goldmann was opposed to declaring the state, and his reason was not that he was against a Jewish state. You see, the state was actually declared prior to the time when the Partition Recommendation proposed it. It was advanced. Goldmann's proposal was that they should hold off, and he always held throughout his entire life that, had he done that, they would have avoided war. Flapan tries to explore that in his book. His own conception is that Goldmann knew that the Arab states would accept a proposal if it was worked out properly, and he thought they should have explored that path. But Ben Gurion and other leaders were pretty confident. They thought they would be able to grab some land. There was a period of about 10 days from about May 14 to May 24 when it was touch and go; it wasn't at all clear how it was going to work out. But aside from that 10-day period, there was no doubt who was going to win." (http://www.chomsky.info/interviews/198805--.htm)

And according to the group "Jews for Justice in the Middle East":

"�Arab rejection was...based on the fact that, while the population of the Jewish state was to be [only half] Jewish with the Jews owning less than 10% of the Jewish state land area, the Jews were to be established as the ruling body � a settlement which no self-respecting people would accept without protest, to say the least...The action of the United Nations conflicted with the basic principles for which the world organization was established, namely, to uphold the right of all peoples to self-determination. By denying the Palestine Arabs, who formed the two-thirds majority of the country, the right to decide for themselves, the United Nations had violated its own charter.�" (http://www.ifamericansknew.org/history/origin.html)

These are the facts, which people like "caringheart" seem to be unaware of or deliberately hide.  They hypocritically preach "love and peace" yet make excuses for the ethnic cleansing of Palestine.  Even if the Arabs had started the 1948 war, how does that justify the massacres that occurred at the hands of Zionist militias like the Irgun terrorists?  How does that excuse ethnically cleansing the Arab population?   
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 4:18pm
islamispeace wrote: How does that excuse ethnically cleansing the Arab population?

What ethnic cleansing???

If the Jews are guilty of ethnic cleansing, then why is it that over 20% of Israeli citizens are Arab Muslims?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

What ethnic cleansing???

If the Jews are guilty of ethnic cleansing, then why is it that over 20% of Israeli citizens are Arab Muslims?

Textbook Hasbara. Arabs are "Israeli citizens" as much as blacks were American citizens in the post-reconstruction south, notwithstanding the fact that ethnic cleansing/mass murder, has nothing to do with Israeli Arabs. In other words, to say ethnic cleansing could not have taken place because there are Arabs with "Israeli citizenship" isn't intellectually honest. And frankly speaking when it comes to the State of Israel the default for even fair-minded people is to make excuses and equivocate.   
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2014 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

islamispeace wrote: How does that excuse ethnically cleansing the Arab population?

What ethnic cleansing???

Um, Arabs were the majority before the founding of Israel.  Now they are a minority.  That's not ethnic cleansing?

What do you think the expulsion of 750,000 people is?  What do you think the massacres and rapes that occurred at the hands of the Zionist terrorists was?  Ever hear of Deir Yassin?

As Israeli historian Ilan Pappe has written, Zionists leaders launched a well-planned operation to drive out many Arabs out as possible:

"Once the plan was finalized, it took six months to complete the mission.
When it was over, more than half of Palestine�s native population, over 750,000 people, had been uprooted, 531 villages had been destroyed, and 11 urban neighborhoods had been emptied of their inhabitants. The plan decided upon on 10 March 1948, and above all its systematic implementation in the following months, was a clear case of what is now known as an ethnic cleansing operation." (http://palestine-studies.org/enakba/exodus/Pappe,%20The%20Ethnic%20Cleansing%20of%20Palestine.pdf)

This is called ethnic cleansing.  You can try to hide the facts all you want. 

People who deny that the Holocaust occurred are rightfully ridiculed as ignorant nut-jobs.  I assume you know where I am going with this. 

Edited by islamispeace - 26 February 2014 at 7:00pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic