IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is the Qu'ran perfect?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is the Qu'ran perfect?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingobat4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the Qu'ran perfect?
    Posted: 20 February 2014 at 8:17am
Just to ask the Muslims on this board. What is the stance in Islam on The supposed perfection of the Qu'ran, is it impossible for it to have mistakes within. Also is the Qu'ran supposed to be dictated directly from Allah to Mohammed (pbuh). Any and all answers are appreciated :)
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2014 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Dingobat4 Dingobat4 wrote:

Just to ask the Muslims on this board. What is the stance in Islam on The supposed perfection of the Qu'ran, is it impossible for it to have mistakes within. Also is the Qu'ran supposed to be dictated directly from Allah to Mohammed (pbuh). Any and all answers are appreciated :)

Of course the Quran cannot and does not have mistakes.  If it did, it would not be the word of God. 

The Quran was dictated to Muhammad (peace be upon him) by the angel Gabriel.  Gabriel is Allah's messenger. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Lachi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Of course the Quran cannot and does not have mistakes.� If it did, it would not be the word of God.� The Quran was dictated to Muhammad (peace be upon him) by the angel Gabriel.� Gabriel is Allah's messenger.�

Does this mean that Allah guided the hand of all those who copied the Qu'ran in the early years of transmission? Are there no copies of the Qu'ran deemed to be corrupt by scholars, or are all copies that have ever existed equally perfect?
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Lachi Lachi wrote:

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Of course the Quran cannot and does not have mistakes.  If it did, it would not be the word of God.  The Quran was dictated to Muhammad (peace be upon him) by the angel Gabriel.  Gabriel is Allah's messenger. 

Does this mean that Allah guided the hand of all those who copied the Qu'ran in the early years of transmission? Are there no copies of the Qu'ran deemed to be corrupt by scholars, or are all copies that have ever existed equally perfect?

Dingobat was asking, I think, whether the Quran can have mistakes like false statements.  The answer to that question is no.

Scribes are only human, so they are capable of making mistakes such as with spelling.  We do find such minor errors in the manuscripts of the Quran.  This is normal and expected. 

Allah has promised to protect the Quran from corruption.  This has been fulfilled since there is no difference in the way the Quran has been read since it was first revealed.  Also remember that millions of Muslims have memorized the Quran throughout Islamic history, from the time of the Prophet to now.  So even with the minor errors that may have occurred during the copying process by scribes, the Quran remains the same as it always was.  The manuscripts prove this fact.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic