IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - another application of maths  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

another application of maths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: another application of maths
    Posted: 08 February 2014 at 2:34am
Assalamalecum, all praise to Allah, the most forgiving and merciful, I will start with the verse ch 96 v 1-5-recite in the name of lord who created u from clay, recite, and ur lord is generous and he taught to u by pen and he taught the man that he didn't know.i always had liking of numbers I shud say Allah gave me the means to do, lets take an example da vinci was born on 15.4.1452.can we know what day was this????? But with the help of maths we can know what day this date was.in this case was sunday.how?? I explain it eg ur 1971 and yr 1999 will have same dates as it is, or u can say date with same days return every 28 yrs exactly bcoz 28 yrs-10227 day which is divisible by 7, so difference between 2012 and 1452 is 560 which is divisible by 28, therefore 15.4.12 was sunday so as to 1452, by this method we can determine any date whether past or future eg dates of yr t14 will b equal to 2126 bcoz difference is 112 which is divisible by 28 I.e 8.2.2126.
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 6:14am
Very interesting post, Naba.

What you say involving dates is essentially correct, but there is a little known flaw in your logic. Normally, years which are divisible by four are leap years with 366 days (e.g., 1996, 2000, and 2004 were all leap years).

HOWEVER, years which end in 00 are only leap years IF they are divisible by both 4 AND 400. So, while the years 1600 and 2000 are leap years, the years 1700, 1800, and 1900 were NOT leap years.

Because of this complication, the years 1452 and 2012 end up having different calendars, and April 15, 1452 turns out to have been a Thursday and not a Sunday.

I think your claim about the 28 year cycle is correct, UNLESS the time period in question crosses one of the weird years such as 1900, which throws off the calculation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cycle_(calendar)

If I may go down "memory lane" for a moment: I became aware of this weird leap year rule way back in 1981 when I started my first full time job as a computer programmer. I was examining a subroutine written by a former employee which calculated the number of days between two dates, and I saw a section of code which only made sense if (for example) the years 1900 and 2100 were NOT leap years.

Although I've got to give that programmer full marks for completeness, I don't think I'd give him a high mark in practicality. After all, there is no possibility of that section of code being executed for another 86 or so years. I'm sure by now that old computer is destroyed and the computer program is no longer in existence.

On the other hand, I as a Christian and you as a Muslim no doubt both believe that we should "do our best in all things." So, in a sense, that programmer was being a good Muslim (or a good Christian, depending upon his religion) by being so complete in his programming.

Alas, the programmer ignored the likelihood that the year 4000 will NOT be a leap year (because our calendar will, by then, require an additional one day correction). Still, a program written in the year 1981 which is guaranteed to function correctly for 2019 years is a significant accomplishment.

Edited by Reepicheep - 08 February 2014 at 6:32am
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 10:01pm
Thanks a lot for this, I just want to share this information,but by this method we can tell any date of any yr,even we can know the life span of people eg einstein lived for 27793 days born on friday(14.3.1879) died on monday(18.4.55), we can use this in family planning and in antenatal care Alhamdulillah I m a doctor.we can b one step ahead of arrogant people who claim to b knowledgeable but they don't know fully abt themselves I.etheir own life span, eg ur joining date to this forum is 6.11.06 which wasmonday means u r aassociated with this forum for 2652 days on 9.2.14.

Edited by NABA - 08 February 2014 at 10:20pm
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2014 at 4:35pm
I don't get it. How can this be used in family planning and antenatal care?
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2014 at 8:12pm
Assalamalecum,like we can help the couples how much space must b there between the two children,for eg if a lady gives birth to a baby on 30.3.14 and if she wants another child then we can tell the couple that u should hv it 3 yrs later lets take an eg might b around 3.4.17 monday,means date of conception should b around 27.6.2016 monday.like u joined this forum on 27.6.10 that was sunday on 30.3.14 u will b completing 1372 days on this forum I.e exactly 196 weeks.

Edited by NABA - 29 March 2014 at 8:14pm
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2014 at 9:32am
OK, let me get this straight. Are you saying it's better to gives dates as numbers and are you suggesting that that it's possible to suggest a date for conception years down the road that is better than some other date. Do you have some foundation for these suggestions?
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2014 at 2:49am
Yes, for eg like today I m 8821 days old on 31.3.2014, means if we go back 8821 days behind the date will come as 4.2.90, sunday I.e my birthday, similarly from 31.3.14 if we go 8821 days forward we will come to the date 25th may 2038, tuesday.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2014 at 6:37am
Understood, the math is simple. But the question is why is your suggested method of giving dates as numbers better and not simply different?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic