IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Guarding Our Tongue.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guarding Our Tongue.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guarding Our Tongue.
    Posted: 22 January 2014 at 1:08pm
Assalam alaykum,
Ibn Hibban and al-Baihaqi reported that Umar Ibn al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, said:-"A person who talks too much is a person who often makes mistakes, and someone who often makes mistakes often has wrong actions. The fire has a priority over such a frequent sinner".

In a related Hadith, on the authority of Mu'az, may Allah be pleased with him, the Prophet, peace be upon him, said:- "Shall I not tell you how to control all that?". I said, "Yes do, O Messenger of Allah." So, he held his tongue between his fingers and then he said: "Restrain this". I said, Oh Prophet of Allah, are we accountable for what we say?". He, peace be upon him, said: "May your mother be bereft by your loss! Is there anything more than the harvest of the tongues that throws people on their faces (or he said 'on their noses')into the Fire?". [at-Tirmidhi, al-Hakim].

What is meant by 'the harvest of the tongues' is the punishment for saying forbidden things. Through his actions and words, a man/woman sows the seeds of either good or evil, and harvests same on the Day of Resurrection. So, we must mind what we say/do always.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2014 at 9:00am
barakallahu feek!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic