IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ariel Sharon  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ariel Sharon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ariel Sharon
    Posted: 11 January 2014 at 7:17pm
Hi everyone,

As many of you may have heard, Israel's former Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, passed away today.

He was in a coma for eight years, since 2006. Before serving as Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon was an officer in the IDF. In the 1950s, he led a murderous assault on an Arab village, where over 50 people were killed, mostly civilians. In the 1980s, he enabled a "Christian" death squad in Lebanon- the Falange- to enter Palestinian refugee camps, and murder hundreds of Palestinian and Lebanese civilians. As Prime Minister, during the second intifada, he earned the nickname of "the bulldozer"- his soldier razed people's homes to the ground, resulting in thousands of people being made homeless. Rachel Corrie died trying to stop one such demolition. While he removed settlers from Gaza, he helped other settle in the West Bank. His cruelty was matched (not in scale) by suicide bombers from Hamas who targeted Israeli civilians, no different from how the IDF under him targeted (and continues to target) Palestinian civilians.

Sharon suffered a stroke in 2006, and never regained consciousness.

His death resulted in widespread grief in Israel and condolences from Western leaders praising his actions, and in celebrations in Gaza.

Both responses in my opinion are inappropriate. Sharon was a war criminal and a mass murderer. The blood of thousands of people is on his hands. Praising him as "a man of peace" is nonsensical and cruel to his victims.

Celebrating his demise is no less wrong. Though he was a killer, he was made in the image and likeness of God, like everyone of us. Jesus died for him on the cross also, like He died for all of us.

Hopefully, Sharon repented and turned to Him before he died, and was forgiven. Otherwise, the terror and pain that his victims suffered is nothing in comparison to what he is suffering now and will be suffering for eternity.

We should neither falsely laud him as a "hero" or "peacemaker", nor should we celebrate his death.

We should pray and work for a just solution to the conflict in Palestine and Israel, and a situation without occupation and terror.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25701260
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/01/israel-ariel-sharon-dies-at-85-201411231338785176.html
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2014 at 2:50pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic