IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Most Unlikely Woman  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Most Unlikely Woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria João Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 2:25pm

Thank you all so much. I find support in all of you, just reading what you have to say. One little thing can cheer up someone's day, and those days when I am depressed, I just read all of your comments. Thank you so much, and may Allah reward all of you.

Maria

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 4:45pm
As-salaam alaikum sister and congratulations on your reversion.  Alhamdulillah!  May Allah (swt) bless you always.

Walaikum as-salaam.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 4:44pm

Bismillah,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful, brave story! Merci!. Gracias! Shukran!

Where in America do you plan to live?  We could tell you what it's like in different parts of America. Just generally, I would either pick a big city, if you can stand the noise or even maybe like it, because they have large communities of Musliims; or a city with a university because they have small but connected communities of Muslims to give you the loving support you need, hopefully!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Maria Jo�o View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria João Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 5:37pm

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful, brave story! Merci!. Gracias! Shukran!

Where in America do you plan to live?  We could tell you what it's like in different parts of America. Just generally, I would either pick a big city, if you can stand the noise or even maybe like it, because they have large communities of Musliims; or a city with a university because they have small but connected communities of Muslims to give you the loving support you need, hopefully!

Thanks for asking about that, as I am not sure where to live. I am thinking Dallas, Texas. The climate is nice there, similar to Portugal's. And I've heard that the Muslim community there is strong and diverse. Is it a good choice?

Maria

Edited by Maria Jo�o
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 7:01pm

Bismillah,

I think it is.  I lived in San Antonio, and it was lovely.  The rent is high in Dallas, but they had a Muslim school for children last I heard. 

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Maria Jo�o View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria João Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 2:09pm
OK, then. Thanks so much for the information, herjihad - I needed that from an American who has actually been to Dallas.
KateRN1 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KateRN1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:53pm

Hi, Maria:

I can vouch for the Arabic/Muslim population in Dallas--some very nice people there.  However, I would think long and hard about moving to that area as it was devastated by the effects of Hurricane Katrina.  Many refugees relocated to Dallas and the prices and unemployment have risen dramatically since summer.

If you are interested in the mid-west at all, Kansas City and Tulsa are both nice (and no hurricanes), both with beautiful mosques and Muslim population.

What kind of work are you planning to do in the US?  Do you have a sponsor?

Kate

Maryga View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2006 at 9:28pm

Assalam-alaikum Maria

MashaAllah! What a wonderful story! Truly you have sought the truth and Allah has chosen you and guided you. May He make your path full of peace and Happiness, Ameen! I do hope you meet and marry someone just as strong as you are.

I wish you had chosen Australia though! Here it is so quiet & peaceful and none of that rat race that I hear about. If ever you change your mind and want to know anything about Australia - the lucky country downunder please do write to me and InshaAllah I shall try my best to help you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic