IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sarah,Sarai Abrahams wife and his sister???  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sarah,Sarai Abrahams wife and his sister???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sarah,Sarai Abrahams wife and his sister???
    Posted: 05 January 2014 at 4:56am
Salaams,

This is puzzling In the Bible we are told that Sarah is Abrahams wife.Then Now Abraham said of Sarah his wife, �She is my sister.�
One father different mothers.That is not half sister it is full sister.Isaac would be considered a B*ASTARD child.

A B*STARD shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

What then of all his beloved DESCENDANTS THE jew's could we call them also B*ASTARDS according to the Bible ?????

Please note these are not my words i am merely quoting the HOLY BIBLE.iF YOU FEEL OFFENDED THEN PLEASE CONSULT YOUR BIBLE SCHOLARS AND CHANGE IT IF IT SUITS YOU.

Thank you
Ismail.

Edited by iec786 - 05 January 2014 at 4:57am
Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 1:48pm
While you might think you can make an issue of this it is history. God said that Ishmael would have 12 sons and become a great nation, which they became in Saudi Arabia in the days that the sons lived, --- but God said the blessing would be on Isaac who would be born to Sarah.

--- If God said it, and did it, then your argument is with Him. --- In the beginning the brothers had to marry their full sisters, and these mixed marriages perhaps continued for years. --- Abraham and Sarah, having different mothers, would make her a half-sister.

All the things you criticize God for doing in the Old Covenant, and then expect to get response from Christians from the New Covenant, --- it is part of history, so it is between you and God.
It is Him that is keeping record of everything you say.

Remember what it says in Surah 50:
16 It was We Who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein.
17 Behold, two (guardian angels) appointed to learn (his doings) learn (and noted them), one sitting on the right and one on the left.
18 Not a word does he utter but there is a sentinel by him, ready (to note it).

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 5:28pm
Greetings Ismail,

Where did you get this verse from the Bible?

I think I perhaps know where from but would like to confirm before giving explanation.
I believe you did not read far enough to understand.

Salaam and blessings,
CLynn

Edited by Caringheart - 06 January 2014 at 5:29pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 8:30am
[QUOTE=Caringheart]
Greetings Ismail,Where did you get this verse from the Bible?I think I perhaps know where from but would like to confirm before giving explanation.I believe you did not read far enough to understand.Salaam and blessings,CLynn

Hi Caringheart,

"And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife. (Genesis 20:12)"

"Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen. (Deuteronomy 27:22)"

AMEN.

greetings
Ismail

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

While you might think you can make an issue of this it is history.
Is incest not an issue???Your Bible accusers One of the greatest prophets of committing incest and you tell me it is not an issue???Jeez you better check your Bible and fix what i tell you to.

God said that IshmaelWhat has Ishmael got to do with this ??? he was not the child of incest??? would have 12 sons and become a great nation, which they became in Saudi Arabia in the days that the sons lived, --- but God said the blessing would be on Isaac who would be born to Sarah. trash
This is what God said.
"Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen. (Deuteronomy 27:22)"

--- If God said it, and did it, then your argument is with Him.I do not think God said it some fool put it in there.In Islam we say the prophets are free from this blasphemy that your bible writers have attributed to the Prophets.--- In the beginning the brothers had to marry their full sisters, and these mixed marriages perhapsPerhaps ????what you not sure??? continued for years. --- Abraham and Sarah, having different mothers, would make her a half-sister. one father makes it full brother and sister.

All the things you criticize God for doing in the Old Covenant,not God but some perverted writers. and then expect to get response from Christians from the New Covenant,do you not accept the Old Testament as the word of GOD??? --- it is part of history, so it is between you and God.Well what is this history doing in the word of God????
It is Him that is keeping record of everything you say.Who is him [God>?????

Remember what it says in Surah 50:
16 It was We Who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein.
17 Behold, two (guardian angels) appointed to learn (his doings) learn (and noted them), one sitting on the right and one on the left.
18 Not a word does he utter but there is a sentinel by him, ready (to note it). Yes and this lie against a great prophet should be removed from the Bible ,and oh yes the story of Lot and his two daughters should also be removed.If you want a true religion just take the shahada all your problems will be solved Islam makes life simple not complicated.

As proven again and again in my posts, the Bible's narrations' simply can not be trusted, because they had been clearly created by men who were not appointed by GOD Almighty. There are ample errors and contradictions in the Bible, and they can not be ignored.

If you're going to consider words as the True Living Words of GOD Almighty, then you must at least have the very basic proofs that they indeed came from the Almighty. But taking men's words and appoint them to GOD is a grave error and sin that you would commit against GOD Almighty.

Edited by iec786 - 07 January 2014 at 8:48am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Hi Caringheart,

"And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife. (Genesis 20:12)"

AMEN.

Greetings Ismail.

Thank you.  I see, it is a puzzler.  I do not however see how you conclude this makes Isaac a b____d.   That is one who is born outside the covenant of marriage, and Abram was indeed married to Sarai when she had Isaac.

What does the qur'an have to say on the matter?  What does the qur'an tell you about Abram and Sarai?

Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Hi Caringheart,

AMEN.
Greetings Ismail.Thank you.� I see, it is a puzzler.� I do not however see how you conclude this makes Isaac a b____d.�� That is one who is born outside the covenant of marriage, and Abram was indeed married to Sarai when she had Isaac.What does the qur'an have to say on the matter?� What does the qur'an tell you about Abram and Sarai?Shukran and salaam,Caringheart

Hi Caringheart,

Yes it is puzzling and a sad one too.I think the Bible writers have made a grave mistake with this one to say that Personally as a Muslim, I don't believe that Sarah was Abraham's biological sister.

Why would GOD Almighty allow for Abraham to marry his own biological sister if GOD Almighty was later going to curse those who do?
GOD Almighty wasn't the author of the current bible, for otherwise we wouldn't have this type of embarrassing contradiction between Abraham marrying his own biological sister, Sarah, and Moses cursing those who have sex with their sisters. At least GOD Almighty wouldn't have inspired Abraham to marry his own biological sister.

My answer to caringheart is we do not believe in the sister marriage at all.

Peace be unto you.
Ismail
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 11:46pm

Hi Caringheart,

Yes it is puzzling and a sad one too.I think the Bible writers have made a grave mistake with this one to say that. Personally as a Muslim, I don't believe that Sarah was Abraham's biological sister.

My answer to caringheart is we do not believe in the sister marriage at all.

Peace be unto you.
Ismail

Greetings Ismail,

So I am presuming then that the qur'an is silent on the matter? 
You do not believe in sister marriage, but this is based on what?  What does the qur'an say?
Where can I read about Abram and Sarai in the qur'an?

Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart

note:  You didn't answer though... How is it that you come to the conclusion of Isaac being a b___d?  Have you changed that thought?

Edited by Caringheart - 09 January 2014 at 11:52pm
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic