IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can muslims of different sects go to the  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can muslims of different sects go to the

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylife20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can muslims of different sects go to the
    Posted: 01 January 2014 at 1:36pm
Mosque*
I'm just wondering like among Sunni and quranic or Sunni and Sufi or Shia and Sufi. I don't really know how this works. I'm not new to the Islamic faith but I want to go to a masjid nearby. I've gone to a masjid in the past. Over time, I've realized around many muslims I don't exactly see eye to eye with what I believe all the time. I'm a quranic Muslim. I'm just wondering before going should I find out what affiliation it is first or what?

Sorry for spelling problems my phone automatically spell checks some words sorry.

Edited by Mylife20 - 01 January 2014 at 4:41pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2014 at 11:05pm
Allah says in Quran in ch 6 v 159 Allah says to prophet to nothing to do with those who create sects in islam, Allah will see them in hereafter.
Mylife20 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylife20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 12:18am
Oh ok sorry. Well the way I see it is actually different. I think the only Islam is followed by the Quran. But I understand that people have other opinions and I'm not going to be rude and say people who I was just wondering if it was ok to go or not? Or like other people's experiences?
Sayyed Mohammad View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sayyed Mohammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 12:49am
سلام علیکم ای برادر(my brother) the prophet Abraham says to Allah give me something that gives me confidence (لیطمین قلبی ). The fountain of solace is here do you hear it by your heart الا ان اولیا الله لا خوف علیهم ولاهم یحزنون م . now indeed who are these human? I narrate you a story seems to the legend: the great Khomeini was in Iraq and his son was killed by the enemies of Iran and they didn't know how they can say issue to Khomeini. Eventually a man said to him. Khomeini only arised and said : انا لله و انا الیه راجعون. Afterwards they said him the enemy forces came tabas(a great desert in Iran)and the sands of Sahara burned up their helicopters and he said the sands were envoy and the commander is Allah! This confidence originates from trust. You are free but you must decide. خداحافظ
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 6:57am
Mylife20, given that you are new to the faith, why not just attend and keep an open mind? Our religion is based upon sound proofs, otherwise people would claim the rights of others. Therefore, whether your opinion or their ideas, both must be based upon evidences from our religion. Go to the mosque, pray, greet the people, smile, enjoy conversation and lectures, and go home to your family. In other words, keep it simple. If you're walking around telling people; 'Hi, I'm a quranic Muslim' it is little wonder you're not "seeing eye to eye".
Mylife20 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylife20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 10:17am
No I don't walk around saying that. It's just I've noticed at my last mosque in reno that There were som differences. And I'm actually not new to the faith. My mom dad and grandparents were all Muslim.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 3:05pm
Salam,
I would suggest going to a Sunni mosque, and attend new Muslim's class. Most of the mosques here in the US have these classes to teach and help understand the basics, and move from there on.
I am happy to hear that you are willing to learn and come (back) to the belief God prescribed for all of us. Only practice makes us who we claim we are. And before putting trust in our belief we must learn and know it. I pray that may Allah help you and help us all to follow His deen.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 04 January 2014 at 3:07pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

catnmouss View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnmouss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 3:51pm
Mylife20, I know what your saying. During Ramadan one year we were running late after Magrib prayer, because we had company, and u suggested that we go to a closer mosque, and my sister-in-law said we are not welcome in that mosque it's private.
Well I thought to myself, I'll just go crash that mosque, who are these people to keep me out , if I want to pray!
Then the whole family said, they pray differently, and they believe in a profit after Mohammed! So I wound up not going , I didn't want to be an outcast, it was Ramadan, you are supposed to be asking for forgiveness of your sins, not making others feel uncomfortable.

I still one day would live to go to this mosque, it's beautiful, brand new.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic