IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Christmas and Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas and Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muhamedthufail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas and Muslims
    Posted: 25 December 2013 at 2:30am
Asalam alaikkum ,

My name is Muhammed Thufail, Am from India.
Recently i had a talk with one of my friends whom told me that its "shirk" to wish christmas. I just want to make sure if its true. Please be kind to tell me the reason and do point me out to an Hadith or Sura.

Thank you,
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 7:31am
Walecum As Salaam, first of all I will explain u concept of Allah, in ch 112 v 1-4-Allah is one, he is eternal, he is neither born nor give birth, there is nothing like him.now if a person says merry Christmas means he is accepting that Allah had begotten son (nozbillah), Allah says in ch 19 v 88-92, they say Allah had begotten son if sky wud have emotions it cud have burst out, if earth wud have emotions it cud have burst out.moreover in islam there r 2 festivals only I.e 2 Eids.
Mylife20 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylife20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2014 at 10:50pm
Christmas is supposed to be about Prophet Jesus's birth. If it were it wouldn't be a problem only in that its forbidden for muslims because we aren't supposed to favor one prophet over another.

On the flip side lets face it Christmas isn't even about Jesus it's actually got pagan roots. Therefore, it's celebration the tree and other traditions I believe are haram. Christians know this for the most part and obviously know it's wrong but do it anyway.

It's not halal to wish someone well in doing an ill-deed its encouraging them to do wrong.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 3:26pm
It is true, Christmas means celebration of birth of Christ. And almost all Christian sects profess that either Jesus or Christ is son of God, or God.
Catholic go more far. In their Christmas celebrations they have a reenactment of the whole scene. Beside the statues of Mary and many others, there is 'baby Christ' which they also refer to as 'baby god'. Each person present take the baby god in their hands and kisses it and passes it along.
I think it is OK to say "happy holidays" to be on the safe side to friends and family that are Christians but certainly not Mary Christmas.
I have no problem wishing people 'Happy New Year".
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2014 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

I think it is OK to say "happy holidays" to be on the safe side to friends and family that are Christians but certainly not Mary Christmas.
Hasan

Greetings Hasan,

This made me smile. Smile
Christians do not say 'Mary Christmas'...
they say 'Merry Christmas'...
as in, I wish you joy at the birth of the Christ.

maybe it was just a typing error on your part...
but perhaps also, it may be part of what is at the heart of misunderstanding of the muslims about Christians?

Salaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Hasan
Greetings Hasan,This made me smile. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />Christians do not say 'Mary Christmas'...they say 'Merry Christmas'...as in, I wish you joy at the birth of the Christ.maybe it was just a typing error on your part...but perhaps also, it may be part of what is at the heart of misunderstanding of the muslims about Christians?Salaam and blessings to you,Caringheart

Haha, that made me laugh too. Certainly I must be tired and did this spelling mistake as I often do. But no change in what I meant about "Merry Christmas".
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

muhamedthufail View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muhamedthufail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 9:31pm
Thank you all for Helping me to understand.
I guess i will just wish "Happy Holidays" instead of wishing them Merry Xmas ...
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 10:11pm

Haha, that made me laugh too. Certainly I must be tired and did this spelling mistake as I often do. But no change in what I meant about "Merry Christmas".
Hasan

Greetings Hasan,

Just wanted to share another smile with you. Smile
I make typo's often too.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic