IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HAPPY Christmas?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAPPY Christmas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2014 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Assalamalecum,the answer to ur Question lies in ch 3 v 64-come to the common terms differences will b sought out late the first thing is to worship one Allah.so even Jesus Christ (pbuh) said in gospel of john that there will come a man who will explain the things to u and he will speak only those which God has spoken to him.in Quran in ch 61 v 6 Allah tells us that Jesus (pbuh) said coming of prophet Muhammad (pbuh).we all know Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) preached Quran.this is one of the common things but main aim of whole humanity is to believe in one God.i want to ask u that where in the bible it is mentioned to celebrate Christmas on 25 dec y not other date?? ?Don't take it as mocking I want to know the reason.

Wa alaikum salaam, NABA. This post was not addressed to me, but please allow me to respond also.

3:64 makes sense, both Christians and Muslims worship God alone and do not associate anyone or anything with God. We differ on how we view God.

Where in the Gospel of John did Jesus say that there will come a man who will explain things and will speak only what God has spoken? Are you making the claim that in the Gospel of John, Jesus prophesied the coming of Muhammad? I look forward to any evidence you can present for such an argument.

The Bible does not state anywhere that Jesus was born on December 24 or 25, or even that His birthday (which we call Christmas) should or should not be celebrated. It is something that most Christians do. It is not however something that the Bible commands us to do, or forbids us from doing.

Christians love Jesus, and celebrating Christmas is one way of showing that, and how grateful we are to Him.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2014 at 10:16am
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

3:64 makes sense, both Christians and Muslims worship God alone and do not associate anyone or anything with God.

Correction TG123456789

Only Islam is the only religion that is truly monotheistic, your 3 in 1 or Trinity of whatever is polytheism.

There is only God. Full stop. Period.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2014 at 12:15pm
Greetings Abu Loren,

This is a matter of understanding...

of understanding, or not understanding, another's religion.

Salaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2014 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

3:64 makes sense, both Christians and Muslims worship God alone and do not associate anyone or anything with God.

Correction TG123456789

Only Islam is the only religion that is truly monotheistic, your 3 in 1 or Trinity of whatever is polytheism.

There is only God. Full stop. Period.

Correction, Abu Loren.

Christianity teaches there is only one God. He reveals Himself as three persons to humanity, but this does not change the fact He is one.

As disappointing as this may be for you to hear, there are millions of non-Muslims who also are monotheists... including Christians.

BTW do you believe Jews are polytheists also?
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 4:51am
I can totally understand that the concept of trinity is hard to understand. A large number of Christians don't understand the concept. I can also understand that a lot of the Bible's content is confusing at first. Not everybody can become a theologian. We also need farmers and doctors and engineers. What matters most is understanding the key messages of Christianity and to me they can be summarized in this question: do my words and my actions foster peace? To me that's far more important than understanding all the details about trinity. Likewise, in my opinion, for a Muslim it's far more important whether his or her words and and actions foster peace than the question whether Islam is the only true monotheistic religion or not. If someone worships Islam's rules more than Allah, I'd say that turns Islam into a polytheistic religion as well. Whether a Muslim prays three or five times a day doesn't determine whether she's a good person or not. To me, the latter matters more.

Edited by Matt Browne - 11 February 2014 at 4:53am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 4:52am

Correction, Abu Loren. Christianity teaches there is only one God. He reveals Himself as three persons to humanity,but this does not change the fact He is one. As disappointing as this may be for you to hear, there are millions of non-Muslims who also are monotheists... including Christians.BTW do you believe Jews are polytheists also?

I've highlighted the mistake that Christians make.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Correction, Abu Loren. Christianity teaches there is only one God. He reveals Himself as three persons to humanity,but this does not change the fact He is one. As disappointing as this may be for you to hear, there are millions of non-Muslims who also are monotheists... including Christians.BTW do you believe Jews are polytheists also?

I've highlighted the mistake that Christians make.

Yes, Christians believe that God reveals Himself as three persons to humanity. This does not mean that we believe there is more than one God.

You see God differently from how we see Him, and you can say that, according to your beliefs, Christians are wrong in believing God is a Trinity.

That is one thing. Stating that we are "poytheists" is false. Polytheists believe in more than one God. We do not.

We are as much "polytheists" as you are "moon god worshipers".
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 4:53am

Yes, Christians believe that God reveals Himself as three persons to humanity. This does not mean that we believe there is more than one God. You see God differently from how we see Him, and you can say that, according to your beliefs, Christians are wrong in believing God is a Trinity.That is one thing. Stating that we are "poytheists" is false. Polytheists believe in more than one God. We do not.We are as much "polytheists" as you are "moon god worshipers".

TG I understand where you are coming from, however it is an abomination to God that Christians worship the Messiah Jesus (Alayhi Salaam). The concept of the Trinity is also an abomination to God, this ia all conjured up by Paul the charlatan.

Let me try to explain in plain English. There is only God.

By the way, I've just noticed your question about the Jews being monotheistic, the answer is yes they are.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic