IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HAPPY Christmas?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAPPY Christmas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 7:49pm
I am not going to waste anymore time discussing your continued obsession with Abu Loren's straight-forward remarks.  Believe what you will.  The facts speak for themselves.

In response to the rest of your post, let me say that, yes, I don't care what some ignoramus has to say about my religion.  Ignoramuses are a dime a dozen and I would much rather leave them in their ignorance.  In other words, I don't give two hoots about them or what they think.  Nor do I care much for your melodrama.

Edited by islamispeace - 02 January 2014 at 7:50pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

I am not going to waste anymore time discussing your continued obsession with Abu Loren's straight-forward remarks.  Believe what you will.  The facts speak for themselves.

I simply replied to an ignorant comment that he made, as did some other Christians. You are the one who jumped in defending what he said.

The facts definitely do speak for themselves.

In response to the rest of your post, let me say that, yes, I don't care what some ignoramus has to say about my religion.  Ignoramuses are a dime a dozen and I would much rather leave them in their ignorance.  In other words, I don't give two hoots about them or what they think.

Except when the ignoramuses are Muslim, and they are spreading disinformation about Christian beliefs. Then you defend them.

Nor do I care much for your melodrama.

That's great, because I wasn't addressing you in the first place.

If you want to take issue with something I said and make a post about it, be aware of the fact you will probably receive a response. It's called a "forum" for a reason.

The only one being melodramatic here is you.

Salaam.

Edited by TG12345 - 02 January 2014 at 8:21pm
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 8:35pm
Quote I simply replied to an ignorant comment that he made, as did some other Christians. You are the one who jumped in defending what he said.

Either you are mistaken or are deliberately twisting my words.  In my original post, I did not defend anything.  I simply pointed out that as a result of changing demographics in many western countries, Christmas is no longer considered a religious holiday.  Hence, Abu Loren's comments about what he has observed are factually accurate.  I also stated in a later post that he probably should have worded his observations differently.  Had he not clarified his comments, I would agree with you.  However, because he clarified his comments, your continued obsession is simply childish.

Quote Except when the ignoramuses are Muslim, and they are spreading disinformation about Christian beliefs. Then you defend them.

Keep misconstruing my words.  It makes you look even worse. 

Quote That's great, because I wasn't addressing you in the first place.

LOL Well, of course you weren't "addressing [me] in the first place"!  How could you when I did not even get involved until recently?!  

When I did get involved, you addressed my post about the changing demographics in some western countries, even though my post was not specifically addressed to you!  I made several points which illustrate clearly that what Abu Loren said is accurate, though he should have worded his claims differently, which he did in his clarification.      

Quote If you want to take issue with something I said and make a post about it, be aware of the fact you will probably receive a response. It's called a "forum" for a reason.

More melodrama.  I am aware that this a "forum".  I am also aware that your responses to me have completely missed the point over and over again. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 9:07pm

I simply replied to an ignorant comment that he made, as did some other Christians. You are the one who jumped in defending what he said.

Either you are mistaken or are deliberately twisting my words.  In my original post, I did not defend anything.  I simply pointed out that as a result of changing demographics in many western countries, Christmas is no longer considered a religious holiday. 

I didn't state that you defended Abu Loren in your original post. I stated that you jumped in defending him. I didn't say it was in your first post.

Hence, Abu Loren's comments about what he has observed are factually accurate. I also stated in a later post that he probably should have worded his observations differently.

I did not disagree that many people act inappropriately during Christmas. I disagree that Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus, and has everything to do with fornication and drunkenness. Abu Loren did not retract that statement.

TG12345:

Had Abu Loren said that many people choose to get drunk and fight each other during Christmas, that would have been one thing. Had he even said that for more and more people it is a secular holiday and not a religious one, that still would have been OK.

Instead, he said that Christmas is all about drinking, fornication, etc and that it has nothing do with Jesus.

Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus (Alayhi Salaam).

It's all about drinking alcohol, fornication, killing whilst under the influence of alcohol, drink driving etc etc etc.

HAPPY Christmas?

Had he not clarified his comments, I would agree with you.  However, because he clarified his comments, your continued obsession is simply childish.

He did not retract his comment that Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus and everything to do with drunkenness and fornication. He clarified simply that there are some Christians who do not do these things.

Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

Except when the ignoramuses are Muslim, and they are spreading disinformation about Christian beliefs. Then you defend them.

Keep misconstruing my words.  It makes you look even worse. 

Walaikum as-salaam. 

It's also not brother Abu Loren's fault for simply stating what he has observed.  He even clarified that.  So, there is absolutely no reason to be criticizing him for simply stating the facts.  Changing the subject and pontificating on what some Muslims might do on Ramadan does not change the fact that Christmas is increasingly becoming more of a secular holiday rather than a religious one.  Maybe if you and the other Christians who responded to his observations had done a little research, you would have realized that what he said is not that far-fetched.  He probably should have worded it differently, but what he said is not that far from the truth.

It is not a "fact" that Christmas is about drunkenness and fornication. It is also not  a "fact" that it has nothing to do with Jesus.

It is a fact that during Christmas, many people act inappropriately. I did not deny this.

I challenged his statement that Christmas is about shameful behaviour. You either did not read this or deliberately ignored it. It makes no difference to me in any case. The facts speak for themselves.

That's great, because I wasn't addressing you in the first place.

LOL Well, of course you weren't "addressing [me] in the first place"!  How could you when I did not even get involved until recently?!  

When I did get involved, you addressed my post about the changing demographics in some western countries, even though my post was not specifically addressed to you!  I made several points which illustrate clearly that what Abu Loren said is accurate, though he should have worded his claims differently, which he did in his clarification.      

I addressed your post about changing demographics, and confirmed that is the case. You then responded by defending Abu Loren's post.

Abu Loren's initial statement (the one I was responding to) is not confirmed by demographics. Christmas is not about fornication or drunkenness, and it is about celebrating the birth of Jesus. The fact that many people act shamefully on that holiday does not make that any less true.

If you want to take issue with something I said and make a post about it, be aware of the fact you will probably receive a response. It's called a "forum" for a reason.

More melodrama.  I am aware that this a "forum".  I am also aware that your responses to me have completely missed the point over and over again. 

Had you actually read what I wrote, we wouldn't be having this argument.

Check out if there are English tutors in the area where you live. Some reading comprehension exercises would probably help you out. Wink
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2014 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus (Alayhi Salaam).

It's all about drinking alcohol, fornication, killing whilst under the influence of alcohol, drink driving etc etc etc.

HAPPY Christmas?

It seems that Abu Loren wants Muslims and Christians to be enemies. He won't succeed. Tolerant Muslims, please watch out.
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2014 at 8:17am
Assalamalecum mr browne, loren doesn't want muslims n christians to b enemies, he is telling truth, moreover we want peace, we are not objecting about celebration style we are avoiding muslims from Christmas, we will also not blame christianity bcoz Allah says in Quran in ch 6 v 108 that don't blame people of other religion In ignorance they will curse Allah.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2014 at 5:10am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Assalamalecum mr browne, loren doesn't want muslims n christians to b enemies, he is telling truth, moreover we want peace, we are not objecting about celebration style we are avoiding muslims from Christmas, we will also not blame christianity bcoz Allah says in Quran in ch 6 v 108 that don't blame people of other religion In ignorance they will curse Allah.

As I wrote in the other thread: I can totally understand why Muslims can't celebrate Christmas. I cannot understand why Christians mock the Prophet Muhammad or Islam's holy festivals. I cannot understand why Muslims mock Christianity's holy festivals. Both attitudes endanger world peace. Picking out bad examples from each other's communities achieves nothing.
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2014 at 2:15am
Assalamalecum,the answer to ur Question lies in ch 3 v 64-come to the common terms differences will b sought out late the first thing is to worship one Allah.so even Jesus Christ (pbuh) said in gospel of john that there will come a man who will explain the things to u and he will speak only those which God has spoken to him.in Quran in ch 61 v 6 Allah tells us that Jesus (pbuh) said coming of prophet Muhammad (pbuh).we all know Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) preached Quran.this is one of the common things but main aim of whole humanity is to believe in one God.i want to ask u that where in the bible it is mentioned to celebrate Christmas on 25 dec y not other date?? ?Don't take it as mocking I want to know the reason.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic