IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HAPPY Christmas?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAPPY Christmas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAPPY Christmas?
    Posted: 24 December 2013 at 9:43am
Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus (Alayhi Salaam).

It's all about drinking alcohol, fornication, killing whilst under the influence of alcohol, drink driving etc etc etc.

HAPPY Christmas?
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

It's all about drinking alcohol, fornication, killing whilst under the influence of alcohol, drink driving etc etc etc.

HAPPY Christmas?

No, you are quite mistaken. Christmas is the time of year when Christians celebrate the birth of Christ our Savior. Tonight, I'll be attending a Christmas Eve service for the 54th time in my life, and never once at the service have I seen people in church drinking alcohol, engaging in fornication, or killing each other.

A blessed Christmas to everyone, including Abu Loren.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2013 at 10:00pm
Assalamalecum, we muslims never believe in Christmas because when someone believes in Christmas means he is accepting that Allah had begotten son (nozbillah), Allah says in ch 19 v 88-92-they say Allah had begotten son if sky wud have emotions it cud have burst out, if earth wud have emotions it cud have burst out.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2013 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

HAPPY Christmas?

I hate to disappoint you, Abu Loren.

I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my family and my inlaws. We went to church and celebrated the birth of Jesus Christ, we also had supper together and spent time together. We did not engage in fornication or touch alcohol, and I didn't go out and kill anyone and I'm pretty certain that neither my wife or anyone among our families or friends did either.

Sorry, dude. Better luck next time.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2013 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Assalamalecum, we muslims never believe in Christmas because when someone believes in Christmas means he is accepting that Allah had begotten son (nozbillah), Allah says in ch 19 v 88-92-they say Allah had begotten son if sky wud have emotions it cud have burst out, if earth wud have emotions it cud have burst out.

Alaikum Salaam. The Quran contains mistakes and errors and is therefore not the word of God, but what you wrote made a lot more sense than what Abu Loren did.

You described why as a Muslim you would never celebrate Christmas, and cited the Quran to explain your answers. That I respect and understand, even if I disagree with you that the Quran is from God.

Abu Loren stated Christmas is about drunkenness, drunk driving, and homicide. That is ignorance and stereotyping, and painting all Christians who celebrate Jesus' miraculous birth with the same brush. It is on par with those who claim Ramadan is a time that Muslims kill people, because some extremists use that month as a time to murder non-Muslims.

Thank you NABA for using common sense and courtesy, and not stooping down to Abu Loren's level. It is much appreciated.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 7:18am
At tg12345 even Abu loren is not wrong at all he is telling what he sees,I am firm that Quran is the word of Allah, there is no doubt about that,I accept ur gratitude but its bcoz of Allah I m quoting verses Alhamdullilah, I want to ask u a simple questiion, y u celebrate Christmas on 25 dec??? Where in the bible it is written????
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 7:57am

At tg12345 even Abu loren is not wrong at all he is telling what he sees,I am firm that Quran is the word of Allah, there is no doubt about that,I accept ur gratitude but its bcoz of Allah I m quoting verses Alhamdullilah, I want to ask u a simple questiion, y u celebrate Christmas on 25 dec??? Where in the bible it is written????

Salaam Alaikum. If Abu Loren saw some Christians behaving shamefully during Christmas this does not mean that Christmas is about behaving shamefully. Similarly, if someone sees Muslims behaving shamefully during Ramadan, this does not mean that Ramadan is about behaving shamefully.

The Bible does not say to celebrate Christmas on December 25, or to celebrate Christmas at all. We have no idea when Jesus was born, the church stated it was on December 25th, but the Bible says no such thing.

Many Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25th, others do so in January. Some do not celebrate Christmas at all.

Nothing in the Bible either allows or prohibits the birth of Jesus. We are told to glorify God, so celebrating Christmas is one way to do that. It is an optional thing, though. One is not saved or not saved by celebrating or not celebrating it.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

Salaam Alaikum. If Abu Loren saw some Christians behaving shamefully during Christmas this does not mean that Christmas is about behaving shamefully. Similarly, if someone sees Muslims behaving shamefully during Ramadan, this does not mean that Ramadan is about behaving shamefully.

The Bible does not say to celebrate Christmas on December 25, or to celebrate Christmas at all. We have no idea when Jesus was born, the church stated it was on December 25th, but the Bible says no such thing.

Many Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25th, others do so in January. Some do not celebrate Christmas at all.

Nothing in the Bible either allows or prohibits the birth of Jesus. We are told to glorify God, so celebrating Christmas is one way to do that. It is an optional thing, though. One is not saved or not saved by celebrating or not celebrating it.

Thumbs%20Up
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic