IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Rabbits Scream in Pain  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rabbits Scream in Pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Rabbits Scream in Pain
    Posted: 17 December 2013 at 3:36pm

Tell Ralph Lauren to Stop Using Angora Fur From Tortured Rabbits

Over 90% of the world gets its angora fur from rabbits farmed in China, where there are no standards to regulate the treatment of animals, and no penalties for animal abuse on rabbit farms.

Recently, PETA investigated 9 angora fur farms, and released bone-chilling footage of workers violently ripping rabbit fur from the animals bodies as they scream in pain- (video below).

The Truth Behind Angora Rabbit Fur
WARNING- VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtAFHyXS31M

Rabbits endure this horrific, violent yanking of their fur every in which they scream in pain and to go into extreme shock. They are then thrown back inside their filthy, tiny wire cages with no solid flooring that hurt their delicate feet; they have no bedding, or the vital companionship of other rabbits where they lie motionless in shock.

This is repeated every 3 months, for 2 to 5 years, until are hung upside down and have their throats slit, and are skinned- all to fuel the growing angora industry.

When European companies including H&M heard that angora rabbits were being abused, they stopped selling their angora products and announced that they would be investigating their supply chain. It's time for Ralph Lauren to do the same.

Tell Ralph Lauren to stop supporting this animal abuse cruelty and naming it "fashion". His successful company can do quite well without torturing small animals.

SOURCE:http://www.stylebop.com/product_details.php?id=475231&gclid=CJrlhKrm9boCFUho7AodjGgAEQ

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Tell Ralph Lauren to Stop Using Angora Fur From Tortured Rabbits

Over 90% of the world gets its angora fur from rabbits farmed in China, where there are no standards to regulate the treatment of animals, and no penalties for animal abuse on rabbit farms.

Recently, PETA investigated 9 angora fur farms, and released bone-chilling footage of workers violently ripping rabbit fur from the animals bodies as they scream in pain- (video below).

The Truth Behind Angora Rabbit Fur
WARNING- VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtAFHyXS31M

Rabbits endure this horrific, violent yanking of their fur every in which they scream in pain and to go into extreme shock. They are then thrown back inside their filthy, tiny wire cages with no solid flooring that hurt their delicate feet; they have no bedding, or the vital companionship of other rabbits where they lie motionless in shock.

This is repeated every 3 months, for 2 to 5 years, until are hung upside down and have their throats slit, and are skinned- all to fuel the growing angora industry.

When European companies including H&M heard that angora rabbits were being abused, they stopped selling their angora products and announced that they would be investigating their supply chain. It's time for Ralph Lauren to do the same.

Tell Ralph Lauren to stop supporting this animal abuse cruelty and naming it "fashion". His successful company can do quite well without torturing small animals.

SOURCE:http://www.stylebop.com/product_details.php?id=475231&gclid=CJrlhKrm9boCFUho7AodjGgAEQ

Salaam Alaikum, Islamispeace. Thank you for sharing this. I agree that Angora Fur is engaging in cruelty towards animals that is unjustified and unnecessary. Rabbits can be sheared in a humane way and if they cannot, their fur should not be sheared at all.

I do not agree with most of what PETA teaches and stands for, and I think that a lot of their campaigns are ridiculous (ie having woman pose naked to bring attention to animal cruelty). On this issue though, they have a point for the most part.

I don't think there is any wrong in shearing a rabbit if you can do so carefully, if it involves tying it up in a way that will not cause physical pain even though it may be stressful for the animal. But it needs to be done far more humanely.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 2:52pm
Another petition is currently circulating.  This one has to do with similar barbaric treatment of geese for making clothes:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/373/242/428/tell-outdoor-gear-companies-to-end-down-plucking-torture-of-live-geese/
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Another petition is currently circulating.  This one has to do with similar barbaric treatment of geese for making clothes:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/373/242/428/tell-outdoor-gear-companies-to-end-down-plucking-torture-of-live-geese/

Good idea, islamispeace.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic