IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sadness  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sadness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2013 at 7:38pm
Hhhmmm... favorite one, everybody busy with their own life.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 7:37am
Ljak sadness is appropriate given many situations in life, such as, divorce, death, loss of employment, and general loss of what was dear to us. The sadness is transitory and passes in time, and one usually has intermittent times during the sadness period where your mind isn't constantly consumed with your troubles. Most are able to carry on their daily responsibilities and managed sadness. If however, you are sleeping long hours and find yourself unable to function with normal daily tasks it is likely your sadness has become depression and a healthcare provider may offer you assistance.

Most people are indeed busy with their own lives, however generally speaking, those who love and are concerned about you will undoubtedly take the time to listen if you engage them, and let them know you're experiencing difficulties. People are unable to read your mind, and may often not notice your body language indicating you are having problems. Is your sadness related to a recent incident in your life?   
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2013 at 3:02pm
Salam,
sadness is probably the right reaction to many things we see around us happen on a daily basis. Each individual has different level of strength to deal with sadness. Those of us that are more sensitive and weak, it can be difficult to cope. It is helpful to talk to different people and learn from their experiences to determine what works best for you.
When I get sad, really sad, in the quiet hours of the night when wife and kids are asleep, I get up wash myself (Wudu), pray a few rakahs, open the Quran. Read a few pages, close it, open at another location, read a couple of pages. I cannot remember if it had not worked once. Try it, I hope it works for you, inshaAllah.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic