|Active Topics Memberlist Calendar Search Help|
|Register Login Old Forum|
|IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Regional : Europe|
|Topic: zakat calculation in turkey|
Joined: 23 November 2013
Online Status: Offline
| Topic: zakat calculation in turkey
Posted: 23 November 2013 at 11:46pm
I'm from Malaysia and I have some questions regarding the zakat calculation in turkey. In malaysia each state has its regulatory body that governs the zakat payment and calculation.There is also guidelines for the items that is deductible before deriving to the zakatable amount.
1. Is there any regulatory bodies that govern the zakat payment in turkey?
2. What is the amount of nisab in turkey that make Muslim obligatory to pay zakat? and at what percentage it is zakated?
3. For gold, how many grams must you own to make you a zakat payer?
4. For stock or share, Is it zakated on the shares price or the dividend only?
5. What is exactly 'quorum' in zakat means?
6. Is there any deductible amount in calculating zakat in turkey such as your own expenses?
7. How exactly zakat money is ditributed? Is it voluntarily given by individual or it is distributed by the authorized bodies?
I've tried and read some articles but there are some parts that I don't understand. Besides, I the articles is in Turkish and I translated it using google translate. It's quite difficult to understand when some words are not translated to English.
Any answers will be appreciated. Sorry for my bad english. Thanks in advance.
Joined: 31 December 2013
Online Status: Offline
|Posted: 31 December 2013 at 1:44pm|
Aleykum Salam Afif,
I am from Turkey and just registered this site to help you as much as I can. Sorry for my English which is not good enough.
In Turkey, we don't have any authorized bodies that manages zakat distribution. So, you should calculate the total amount of zakat and distribute personally. If you don't know the people who are eligible to be a recipient of zakat, you can ask your friend's help or you can give it to some voluntary foundations to distribute your zakat.
There is no difference between Turkey and other Countries in calculation of zakat amount(Please correct me if i am wrong). But if you are asking for Zakatul Fitr which is calculated in each country according to the cost of a meal and to the currency is 9.25 TL for this year. The Bureau of Religious Affairs determines the amount of Zakatul Fitr every year.
Since I don't have detailed information on how to calculate zakat, i do not answer some questions of you. But, if you have problems in understanding some turkish documents, i can help you.
Allah knows the best...
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com