IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Duration between death The Day of Resurrection  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duration between death The Day of Resurrection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tahmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duration between death The Day of Resurrection
    Posted: 07 November 2013 at 12:45am

How long is the time duration between death and The Day of Resurrection for pious Muslims, sinful Muslims and for the non-believers?

Edited by Tahmid - 05 January 2015 at 7:12pm
Aisha_eeman View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aisha_eeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 1:36pm
Ok I thought, someone please correct if I wrong
Ok., so you're "dead" until the day of judgement....no?
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2013 at 11:11am
As-salaam alaikum.  The Day of Resurrection and life after death are both matters of the unknown.  No one knows when the Day of Resurrection will occur, except Allah (swt) alone.  All we need to know is that it will occur eventually.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Aisha_eeman Aisha_eeman wrote:

Ok I thought, someone please correct if I wrong
Ok., so you're "dead" until the day of judgement....no?

We will be in the "grave" until the Day of Judgment.  The grave will either be comfortable or tortuous depending on how we conducted ourselves in our earthly lives.

http://islamqa.com/en/9381
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Tahmid Tahmid wrote:

How much is the time duration between death and The Day of Resurrection for pious Muslims, sinful Muslims and for infidels (Kafirs)?

I don't know what you are trying to ascertain by this question but when we are awoken on the Day of Resurrection it will fee like we have been dead for a day or part of a day as we have been given examples in the Qur'an. I don't know why seperate Muslims, sinful Muslims and kafirs as all of mankind will be awoken and judged at the same time. Consider these parables from the Qura'n.

Sahih International

Or [consider such an example] as the one who passed by a township which had fallen into ruin. He said, "How will Allah bring this to life after its death?" So Allah caused him to die for a hundred years; then He revived him. He said, "How long have you remained?" The man said, "I have remained a day or part of a day." He said, "Rather, you have remained one hundred years. Look at your food and your drink; it has not changed with time. And look at your donkey; and We will make you a sign for the people. And look at the bones [of this donkey] - how We raise them and then We cover them with flesh." And when it became clear to him, he said, "I know that Allah is over all things competent." 2:259

Sahih International

And similarly, We awakened them that they might question one another. Said a speaker from among them, "How long have you remained [here]?" They said, "We have remained a day or part of a day." They said, "Your Lord is most knowing of how long you remained. So send one of you with this silver coin of yours to the city and let him look to which is the best of food and bring you provision from it and let him be cautious. And let no one be aware of you.
18:19

Sahih International

It will be, on the Day they see it, as though they had not remained [in the world] except for an afternoon or a morning thereof. 79:46
Tahmid View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tahmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 5:43pm
Quite a helpful reply. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic