IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wedding Day/Ceremonies  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Day/Ceremonies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahmed123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding Day/Ceremonies
    Posted: 06 November 2013 at 4:58am
Salaam everyone. I am a new member and have registered for your help please.

I am getting married soon and have a few questions re: the actual ceremony. The nikah will be done the day before and the Gathering/Wedding function will happen afterwards.

I understand that if possible (and in our case it is as there is 2 separate halls next to each other) we should have a fully segregated wedding.

1. Is it permissible for me to enter brides hall to exchange garlands/ring/cut cake? Some women in crowd will have headscarf and not all.

2. Is it permissible for her to come into my hall to do the cake cutting/ring exchange/garland exchange etc if she has a burka on? will she need to wear a niqab? is it dependant on if she wears it usually? (normally she wears burka and hijab only.

3. I have read the following website which was very helpful but left me with some questions. It states the word zinat in relation to the brides face and hands. What does that mean?

http://www.al-islam.org/code-ethics-muslim-men-and-women-sayyid-masud-masumi/rules-relating-marriage-and-its-ceremonies#rules-regarding-gatherings-men-wedding-ceremonies

From this article I am assuming that It would be ok for my wife to be to come into my hall wearing a burka/hijab.

I would appreciate any advice please.

Thankyou. AHmed
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 1:57am
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Welcome to the forum brother

1. Some women may not wear hijab so it may not be good for your enter women gathering

2. For your bride to come your hall --- do you think she may be comfortable with it. I don't think she may be

3. Zinat in relation to bride's face and hands --- it means all the decoratives and make-ups { adorations} for you.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
shakirahmed12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakirahmed12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 3:22pm
Yeah i am agree with @seekshidayath if you would like marriage islamic way may be "wedding center" is not suitable for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic