IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In Matthew chapter 17 verses 21 is missing from th  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In Matthew chapter 17 verses 21 is missing from th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 7:44am

iec[/QUOTE]Greetings iec,I really do not believe it will matter to the Creator if man is circumcised in the flesh or not.� I believe the command is given for the purposes of hygiene and protection, as are most of the laws in the old testament.i.e., I think the same is the reason for the prohibition of pork... or the eating of meat from the animal with a cloven hoof.� We have since learned through science how deadly pork can be.and the washing also, is it not for our protection?Salaam,Caringheart [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />[/QUOTE]

Hi Caringheart,

I really do not believe it will matter to the Creator if man is circumcised in the flesh or not.

My dear Caringheart it is easy for you to dismiss it as oh well God will not mind.Let us see what the Bible says.

13Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.�

An everlasting covenant.I hope all in your household are circumcised or else they should be killed according to the Bible.

Ismail
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

13Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.�

Ismail

Greetings Ismail,

You refer to the old testament... the old covenant of God.
The everlasting covenant means that the circumcision in the flesh will never cease to be a sign unto God of belonging to Him.

But we live by the new covenant of God, (which does not require circumcision in the flesh).

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? (as told through the prophet Isaiah)

New Covenant

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (KJV)

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. (NIV)

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the [works] of God, who hath raised him from the dead. (KJV)

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, he hath raised with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 having taken away those charges that were against us, nailing them to his cross; [my paraphrase]

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: (KJV)

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body[the saving of which] is through Christ. [my paraphrase]

soma, from sozo - the body, used in a very wide application, literally or figuratively
sozo- to save, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively), be made whole

20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world; why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances; (KJV)

21 �Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!�?

22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings.

23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence. (NIV)

Salaam and blessings,
Caringheart

note:  I use a composite of translations to make understanding easier.

Edited by Caringheart - 20 December 2013 at 7:32pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 5:41pm

...blasphemy at it's best. And it also reminds me of the verses that totally contradict to what you wrote above.

These words are also by the way are in the same Bible:
"And He said unto him, �Why callest thou Me good? There is none good but One, that is, God. But if thou wilt enter into Life, keep the commandments.� Matt 19:17
"And Jesus said unto him, �Why callest thou Me good? None is good save One, that is, God." Luke 18:19
"Jesus said unto her, �Touch Me not, for I am not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say unto them, �I ascend unto My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.�� John 20:17
"for My Father is greater than I" John 14:28
Just wanted to remind you of the contradictions of your source.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 26 December 2013 at 5:45pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

]Greetings Ismail,You refer to the old testament... the old covenant of God.The everlasting covenant means that the circumcision in the flesh will never cease to be a sign unto God of belonging to Him.But we live by the new covenant of God, (which does not require circumcision in the flesh).New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
The Law is that you should circumcise.
<div ="passage="" version-kjv="" result-text-style-normal="" text-="" "="[/IMG]

<span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""><sup ="versenum"="">19�Behold,
I will do a new thing;The new thing was not to abolish the law. now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?
(as told through the prophet Isaiah)</span>

<span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">New Covenant</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (KJV)</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, </span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. (NIV)</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the [works] of God, who hath raised him from the dead. (KJV)</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, he hath raised with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses;</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">14 having taken away those charges that were against us, nailing them to his cross; [my paraphrase]</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: (KJV)</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body[the saving of which] is through Christ. [my paraphrase]</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">soma, from sozo - the body, used in a very wide application, literally or figuratively</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">sozo- to save, deliver or protect (literally or figuratively), be made whole</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world; why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances; (KJV)</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">21 �Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!�? </span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span>

<span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. </span>

<span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"="">23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence. (NIV)</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text="" isa-43-19"=""></span>

Salaam and blessings,Caringheartnote:� I use a composite of translations to make understanding easier.
The rest is just a whole lot of quotes from Paul who was a self appointed apostle.
Ismail.

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2014 at 7:34pm
Greetings Ismael,

I still have yet to have any muslim tell me what it is that they find objectionable in Paul's teaching.

Do you really think it is going to matter to the Creator about a piece of flesh and whether or not it has been cut off of the man's private part?
Or does it make more sense that it will matter what is in his heart and in his behavior... what are the fruits of his life? (this is what Yshwe was trying to teach... that binding laws about the necks of people to drag them down does nothing to gain them entrance to the kingdom of God)
Are you willing to believe that if a man has followed God in every way except for circumcision of his penis he will denied a place with his Creator?
Can you not see that the reason for this command of God has little to do with man's entry into the kingdom of God?  It may have served an early purpose for the Jews...
but can you not see that there are much more important things to the determining of whether a man merit's the kingdom of God or not?  (this is what Yshwe was trying to open the eyes of those who would, to see... it is this that Paul was reinforcing)
I am always being told that islam teaches to use logic of the mind God has given.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings Ismael,Hi Caringheart,hope you had a good festive season.
I still have yet to have any muslim tell me what it is that they find objectionable in Paul's teaching.1Paul lied when he told the world that he was an apostle,2 Paul nailed all the teachings of the prophets to the cross,3 70 % of of the books in the Bible was written by Paul who never met Jesus,in other words this Jew was the creator of Christianity and not Jesus,with lies and deceit. Do you really think it is going to matter to the Creator about a piece of flesh and whether or not it has been cut off of the man's private part?Yes that piece of meat is what makes the world go mad.on a more serious note this was a covenant of The Almighty God from him to all the prophets and then you have Paul the imposter who comes along as a false prophet and a liar,to tell us well it is not ok not to circumcise,God meant you should circumcise your heart.What a load of bovine excrement.Was Jesus not cut physically on the 8th day?????so yes it does matter to God. Or does it make more sense that it will matter what is in his heart and in his behavior... what are the fruits of his life?Carringheart do you know what covenant is???In form, a covenant is an agreement between two people and involves promises on the part of each to the other. The concept of a covenant between God and His people is one of the central themes of the Bible. In the Biblical sense, a covenant implies much more than a contract or a simple agreement between two parties.

The word for "covenant" in the Old Testament also provides additional insight into the meaning of this important idea. It comes from a Hebrew root word that means "to cut." This explains the strange custom of two people passing through the cut bodies of slain animals after making an agreement (cf. Jer. 34:18). A ceremony such as this always accompanied the making of a covenant in the Old Testament. Sometimes those entering into a covenant shared a meal, such as when Laban and Jacob made their covenant (Gen. 31:54).

Abraham and his children were commanded to be circumcised as a "sign of covenant" between them and God (Gen. 17:10-11).

At Sinai, Moses sprinkled the blood of animals on the altar and upon the people who entered into covenant with God (Exo. 24:3-8).
(this is what Yshwe was trying to teach... that binding laws about the necks of people to drag them down does nothing to gain them entrance to the kingdom of God)Are you willing to believe that if a man has followed God in every way except for circumcision of his penis he will denied a place with his Creator?If you do not obay the covenant you are going to hell that means you broke a promise.When God told Abraham to circumcise he physically cut his penis and John cut his penis and Jesus cut his penis and Paul cut his penis and then tells you not to cut on what authority does he do that???? Can you not see that the reason for this command of God has little to do with man's entry into the kingdom of God?That my dear is not for me or you to decide we will leave that on God to decide.

� It may have served an early purpose for the Jews...but can you not see that there are much more important things to the determining of whether a man merit's the kingdom of God or not?My dear Carringheart the book that you hold in your hands is a Jewish book from cover to cover so yes it does matter. � (this is what Yshwe was trying to open the eyes of those who would, to see... it is this that Paul was reinforcing)I am always being told that islam teaches to use logic of the mind God has given.Good if Islam teaches you logic then put it to the test.If all the Prophets were circumcised then should we circumcise or not???peace be unto you.Ismail.
Salaam,Caringheart

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Greetings Ismael,

Let me begin by saying, sorry for the length of this reply, but I felt all that is included was necessary.  I hope you will take time to read and consider it all, as I gave much consideration and time to your reply. Smile

Paul taught the same as Yshwe was teaching.

Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.

16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

He(Paul) did it(taught) with the blessing and approval of all of Yshwe's Apostles.

Acts of the apostles, chapter 15

And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, �Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.� 2 Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.

3 So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren. 4 And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. 5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, �It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.�

6 Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter. 7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them:

�Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, 9 and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.�

12 Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles. 13 And after they had become silent, James answered, saying, �Men and brethren, listen to me: 14 Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. 15 And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written:

16 �After this I will return
And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins,
And I will set it up;
17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the Lord who does all these things.�

18 �Known to God from eternity are all His works. 19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, 20 but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath.�

22 Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas who was also named Barsabas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren.

23 They wrote this letter by them:

The apostles, the elders, and the brethren,

To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia:

Greetings.

24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, �You must be circumcised and keep the law� �to whom we gave no such commandment� 25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

Farewell.

30 So when they were sent off, they came to Antioch; and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the letter. 31 When they had read it, they rejoiced over its encouragement. 32 Now Judas and Silas, themselves being prophets also, exhorted and strengthened the brethren with many words. 33 And after they had stayed there for a time, they were sent back with greetings from the brethren to the apostles.

If the very Apostle's of Yshwe accepted Paul, who of any of us has higher wisdom, or authority, to reject him?

Why do muslims always ignore the new covenant of God which was declared before its time?

16 Thus saith the Lord, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;

17 Which bringeth forth the chariot and horse, the army and the power; they shall lie down together, they shall not rise: they are extinct, they are quenched as tow.

18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.
22 But thou hast not called upon me, O Jacob; but thou hast been weary of me, O Israel.

23 Thou hast not brought me the small cattle of thy burnt offerings; neither hast thou honoured me with thy sacrifices. I have not caused thee to serve with an offering, nor wearied thee with incense.
These are doctrines of men that do not serve the Lord.

24 Thou hast bought me no sweet cane with money, neither hast thou filled me with the fat of thy sacrifices: but thou hast made me to serve with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities.

25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

26 Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

27 Thy first father hath sinned, and thy teachers have transgressed against me.
By teaching doctrines of men.

Yshwe taught the doctrines of the Lord... that it is what is in the heart that matters.

39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?

42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Proverbs 4 of the old testament teaching;
19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Yshwe came to establish the good teachings of the Lord... to fulfill all that was, and is, in the old testament.

"Abraham and his children were commanded to be circumcised as a "sign of covenant" between them and God (Gen. 17:10-11)."
Yes, Abraham and his children... but not the gentiles... they are not descendants of Abraham, are they?

"If all the Prophets were circumcised then should we circumcise or not?"
Are we prophets?  I suppose it could be said that if you are a descendant of Abraham, perhaps then it is correct for muslims as well as Jews... but not for gentiles.
The circumcision did, at one time, set apart the Jews from the rest of the people, but not so true today, is it?  This is not what sets one mans heart apart from another today, does it?

I see that Yshwe came to correct men's thinking, and to illuminate the minds, to see that it is what is in the heart that matters... not the flesh.

Salaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 03 January 2014 at 11:55pm
Blessed be God forever
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 12:08am
Hi Carringheart,that was a very long article and because you put all the effort into it I read it and found it to be thought provoking ,however lol you must expect that you know, the facts on the character of Paul remains sceptical and he still remains a suspect.
On the road to Damascus, while persecuting the early Christians, after the death of Jesus, a man claimed that he saw a vision, a vision of Jesus. The man was Saul of Tarsus (Latinized as Paul). From there on, the teachings of Christ were transformed and Romanized and modern Christianity was born.
The vision in which Paul claims that Jesus gave him an authority to teach in his name is recorded a number of times in the New Testament. If we were to analyse these variant descriptions, made by the same man, as in a court of law, they would be thrown out as fabricated "evidence" because of inconsistencies. For example:
1. Acts (9:3-7)
[3] Now as he journeyed he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed about him.
[4] And he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
[5] And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting; [6] but rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do."
[7] The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.
In this description, it is stated that only Paul fell to the ground. And, the other men who travelled with him did not see anything but heard a voice. Compare this to the next description:
2. Acts (22:6-9)
[6] "As I made my journey and drew near to Damascus, about noon a great light from heaven suddenly shone about me.
[7] And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, `Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?'
[8] And I answered, `Who are you, Lord?' And he said to me, `I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you are persecuting.'
[9] Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me.
In this description, in complete contradiction to the one above, Paul states that those who travelled with him did not hear the voice but saw the light. The previous description said that they did not see anything but heard a voice!
3. Acts (26:14)

[14] And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, `Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It hurts you to kick against the goads.'
In this description, Paul says that they "all" fell to the ground whereas in the previous description, only Paul had fallen to the ground.
In any court of law, anywhere in the world where justice is upheld, this testimony of Paul would have been thrown out as fabrication and he would have been prosecuted for perjury.
Paul's Christianity is not what Jesus taught:
The German philosopher, Fredrick Neitzsche recognized Paul's role in constructing the "new" Christianity, and was convinced of deception:
In Nietzsche's view, the very worst of them was Paul, the actual founder of the Christian church and doctrine. Nietzsche was convinced that Paul was not sincere in his beliefs, that "his requirement was power." Nietzsche cannot bring himself to believe that Paul, "whose home was the principal center of Stoic enlightenment," is sincere when he offers up a hallucination as proof that The Redeemer still lives. Paul invented the doctrines of 'eternal life' and 'the Judgement' as a means to his ends. In Die Morgenrote (translated by R. J. Hollingdale as Daybreak, Cambridge Univ. Press, 1982), Nietzsche had earlier discussed Paul's frustrations at being unable to master, and to comply with, Jewish law, and hence Paul "sought about for a means of destroying" that law. Christianity offered Paul just the weapon he had been seeking.
[A 40-42; Die Morgenrote 68, http://www.debunker.com/texts/anti_chr.html, retrieved 12/08/'01].
Paul destroyed the Law:
Romans 3:28
[28] For we hold that a man is justified by faith apart from works of law.
Romans 7:4
[4] Likewise, my brethren, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God.
1 Corinthians 10:25
[25] Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.
Contrary to what Paul taught, Jesus stated that he came to fulfil the Law and not abolish it. He further states that whoever takes the least bit out of the Law will be "the least" in the Kingdom of Heaven. Since Paul took the "whole" law out, according to Jesus' criteria, Paul is the "least" of the "least"! Consider these words of Jesus:
Matthew 5:17-20:
[17] "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them.
[18] For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
[19] Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[20] For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. "
The Law laid down strict dietary laws, for example, the Book of Deuteronomy, a part of the Torah, states:
And the swine, because it parts the hoof but does not chew the cud, is unclean for you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch. (Deuteronomy 14:8)
Furthermore, the concept of salvation that Paul brought into Christianity from Greek myth was also alien to what Jesus taught. According to Paul, believing in the "lord" Jesus and confessing that he was raised from the dead, saves a person. He says:
Romans 10:9
[9] "Because, if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. "
1 Corinthians 15:14:
[14] If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain
This is unequivocally against what Jesus himself taught. Christians need to ask themselves here, "Whom do we believe, Paul or Jesus?" Jesus says explicitly:
Matthew 7:21-23
[21] "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [22] On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' [23] And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'
Matthew 19:17
[17] And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? One (God) there is who is good. If you would enter life,keep the commandments."
James, who knew Jesus much closer than Paul says:
James 2:26
[26] For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so faith apart from works is dead.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic