IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In Matthew chapter 17 verses 21 is missing from th  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In Matthew chapter 17 verses 21 is missing from th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 9:49pm
Hi Placid,

Jesus said i Matthew 5:17
New International Version (NIV)
The Fulfillment of the Law

17 �Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

CIRCUMCISION : A perpetual pact with God -
(a) "He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy
money (your slaves), MUST needs be circumcised: and my
convenant shall be in your flesh for an EVERLASTING
convenant." GENESIS 17:13
(b) The uncircumcised to be "CUT OFF" (to be killed). GENESIS
17:14

I will leave you to answer.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Hi iec,

Quote: Paul nail the commandment to the cross.
"Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters" (I Corinthians 7:19).

Response: --- It was God who made the change in the OT laws with the New Covenant. The law of circumcision was given to Abraham as a covenant. There was also the symbol of the �shedding of blood� and the OT laws were fulfilled in the New Law of Love which Jesus taught.
The Pharisees tried to catch Jesus in breaking the Law as in Matthew 22:
35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying,
36 �Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?�
37 Jesus said to him, ��You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.�
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like it: �You shall love your neighbor as yourself.�
40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.�
--- And Paul said, �but keeping the commandments of God is what matters" (I Corinthians 7:19). --- And the New Law is �Love God and love your neighbor as yourself," --- and out of that relationship with God comes the expression and action of �good works.�

The OT Laws were fulfilled in the coming of Jesus which fulfilled the Law and the Prophesies of the coming Messiah.
What did Jesus teach about circumcision?
What did Muhammad teach about circumcision? --- The word circumcision is not even in the Quran.
--- While it is practiced by Christians and Muslims as a tradition or for hygienic purposes, it has no spiritual benefit as it was part of the Old Covenant given to Abraham.
Paul said, what I would say, --- �Whether you are circumcised, baptized, confirmed in a Church, or an Altar Boy, there is no spiritual benefit unless you commit your heart to the Lord.�

--- �Man looks on the outward appearance but God looks on the heart.�

Hi Placid,
Was Jesus circumcised in the heat or by his genitals?????this bovine excrement that circumcision of the heat nonsense is from Paul What did Jesus do he was circumcised on the 8th day physically not spiritually.
Abraham was circumcised how???????
Please stop giving us hogwash.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 8:57pm
Greetings Ismail,

Your are overlooking the fact that God said He was going to do a new thing,

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?  (as spoken through the prophet Isaiah)

That new thing is the new covenant sent through Yahshua(known to us as Jesus).
Yahshua is the fulfillment of the law.
You must know all of what Yahshua taught, and all of that which went before Him.

The old testament has the hidden message of the new covenant that is to come, and that new covenant is Yahshua, and that He is the way to salvation, to the Creator...
the new covenant(Yahshua) reveals the hidden message of the old testament.

Salaam and blessings,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings Ismail,Your are overlooking the fact that God said He was going to do a new thing, <div ="passage version-KJV result-text-style-normal text- ">

<span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text Isa-43-19"><sup ="versenum">19�Behold,
I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?� </span>
<span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text Isa-43-19">(as spoken through the prophet Isaiah)</span><span id="en-KJV-18525" ="text Isa-43-19"></span>

That new thing is the new covenant sent through Yahshua(known to us as Jesus).Yahshua is the fulfillment of the law.You must know all of what Yahshua taught, and all of that which went before Him.The old testament has the hidden message of the new covenant that is to come, and that new covenant is Yahshua, and that He is the way to salvation, to the Creator...the new covenant(Yahshua) reveals the hidden message of the old testament.Salaam and blessings,Caringheart

Caringheart,
God said kill all those that were uncircumcised that was his covenant,Jesus followed that covenant,The storey of a new covenant by an self induced apostle writer of his own whims and fancies then claim he is an apostle,this person who caught you with lies gives you a new covenant???Not God.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Caringheart,
God said kill all those that were uncircumcised that was his covenant,Jesus followed that covenant,The storey of a new covenant by an self induced apostle writer of his own whims and fancies then claim he is an apostle,this person who caught you with lies gives you a new covenant???Not God.

Greetings Ismail,

I am confused by your reply, but I believe it is saying that you reject the new covenant, and if so, this is not a wise or rightly guided thing.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Peter was the one called by Yahshua Himself to be the foundation of God's new church... His new covenant...

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

and it was Peter, with the authority of God who gave the command regarding the gentiles and circumcision...

there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Blessings to you Ismail,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 07 December 2013 at 4:52pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2013 at 10:32am
Greetings Caringheart,
I have a problem with your writings:
"That new thing is the new covenant sent through Yahshua(known to us as Jesus).
Yahshua is the fulfillment of the law." Here you are saying that Yahshua and Jesus are same person?
How that can be when your next post you wrote: "16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." Here Christ and Living God are addressed as two persons. Further in the same post you quoted: " 17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." So, here Jesus/Christ is saying he did not reveal it to, Peter or whoever, rather "my Father" clearly pointing to a different entity.
How you can mix them up to be one is out of any sense, any truth.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 10:48am
Caringheart

Was Jesus circumcised????

was Moses circumcised????

was Abraham circumcised????

was Paul circumcised???? remember he was a Jew.

If your answer is yes to the above then all Christians will have to be circumcised at the private part and not the heart.
iec
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Caringheart

Was Jesus circumcised????

was Moses circumcised????

was Abraham circumcised????

was Paul circumcised???? remember he was a Jew.

If your answer is yes to the above then all Christians will have to be circumcised at the private part and not the heart.
iec

Greetings iec,

I really do not believe it will matter to the Creator if man is circumcised in the flesh or not.  I believe the command is given for the purposes of hygiene and protection, as are most of the laws in the old testament.
i.e., I think the same is the reason for the prohibition of pork... or the eating of meat from the animal with a cloven hoof.  We have since learned through science how deadly pork can be.
and the washing also, is it not for our protection?

Salaam,
Caringheart Smile
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic