IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In Matthew chapter 17 verses 21 is missing from th  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In Matthew chapter 17 verses 21 is missing from th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Matthew chapter 17 verses 21 is missing from th
    Posted: 31 October 2013 at 11:27am
In Matthew chapter 17 verses 21 is missing from the NIV and RSV.Why?????

Mark 16: 9, 20 all removed From the NIV and the RSV.WHY.

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

Greetings ismail,

I imagine this would be similar to treatment of hadith's in islam...  and that verses deemed to be unreliable, by studied scholars, would be excluded from the scriptures.

Also much the same as the 'satanic verses' were not included in the qur'an.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 31 October 2013 at 1:30pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Also much the same as the 'satanic verses' were not included in the qur'an.Salaam,Caringheart

http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/prophet_muhammad__peace_be_upon_him__and_the_satanic_verses
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings ismail,I imagine this would be similar to treatment of hadith's in islam...� and that verses deemed to be unreliable, by studied scholars, would be excluded from the scriptures.Also much the same as the 'satanic verses' were not included in the qur'an.Salaam,Caringheart
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 9:54pm
Hi Caringheart,

Also much the same as the 'satanic verses' were not included in the qur'an.Salaam,Caringheart

I do not have a clue as to what satanic verse you talking about?What i know is that not a single verse has been added or removed from the Quran.Unlike the Bible chunks and chunks have been removed and the rest has been mutilated.Would you like me to post some of the mutilated verses.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 10:28pm

Hi Caringheart,

I do not have a clue as to what satanic verse you talking about?What i know is that not a single verse has been added or removed from the Quran.Unlike the Bible chunks and chunks have been removed and the rest has been mutilated.Would you like me to post some of the mutilated verses.

Greetings Ismail,

What has happened to you?  You used to be an agreeable sort of chap.
It is easy enough to do research.

The Satanic Verses are a small number of apparently pagan verses that were alleged to have been temporarily included in the Qu'ran by the Islamic prophet Muhammad, only to be later removed. Narratives derived from hadith involving these verses can be read in, among other places, the biographies of Muhammad by al-Wāqidī, Ibn Sa'd (who was a scribe of Waqidi), al-Tabarī, and Ibn Ishaq (the last as reconstructed by Alfred Guillaume).

The first use of the expression 'Satanic Verses' is attributed to Sir William Muir (1858)

You can also refer to the information in the link kindly provided by abuayisha.

Salaam and blessings.  I hope things are well with your life,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 13 November 2013 at 10:34pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2013 at 9:10am
Greetings Ismail,

What has happened to you?

Hi Caringheart,whatsup.
You used to be an agreeable sort of chap.
yea lol still the same old man trying to some good out of the little time i have left.

[COLOR=BLUE]I urge you to study the Quran.These so called characters Alfred Guillaume), William Muir, al-Wāqidī, Ibn Sa'd , Ibn Ishaq, al-Tabarī .All these people useless if you have the Quraan which is still in its original form,why wast your time with these people when you can read the Quran yourself and then come and tell me iec ths and that,i mean i can go and google garbage and i will find it,but if i have the original why wast my time with less.I read the Bible not what any old fool tells me i love the original.Please check all my quotes they are from the Bible.I just received 2 valuable Bibles The NIV study Bible and an old King James arified Bible.This is how i do my work.

Now my sister back to In Matthew chapter 17 verses 21 is missing from the Bible. [/COLOR)

Thank you i am fine family still ok i suppose but Ismail is still up to no good pray for this old soul
greetings Ismail.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2013 at 5:19pm

Greetings Ismail,

What has happened to you?

Hi Caringheart,whatsup.
You used to be an agreeable sort of chap.
yea lol still the same old man trying to some good out of the little time i have left.

[COLOR=BLUE]I urge you to study the Quran.These so called characters Alfred Guillaume), William Muir, al-Wāqidī, Ibn Sa'd , Ibn Ishaq, al-Tabarī .All these people useless if you have the Quraan which is still in its original form,why wast your time with these people when you can read the Quran yourself and then come and tell me iec ths and that,i mean i can go and google garbage and i will find it,but if i have the original why wast my time with less.I read the Bible not what any old fool tells me i love the original.Please check all my quotes they are from the Bible.I just received 2 valuable Bibles The NIV study Bible and an old King James arified Bible.This is how i do my work.

Now my sister back to In Matthew chapter 17 verses 21 is missing from the Bible. [/COLOR)

Thank you i am fine family still ok i suppose but Ismail is still up to no good pray for this old soul
greetings Ismail.

Greetings Ismail,

Here I was thinking you were a young man. Wink  I guess because you not too long ago went on Hajj, and I thought that was a thing most young people did.

I understand what you are saying, but I think you are very little informed about the history of your qur'an.

Glad you are well, and I will remember you in my prayers tonight.
Salaam and blessings,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic