IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 91% of matthews is plagiarized from mark  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

91% of matthews is plagiarized from mark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2013 at 11:48am
Hi iec,

Sorry to be slow to get back to this topic but let�s look at what it says in the Quran about the �Three in heaven.� --- When you say there is no description of a trinity in the Bible, --- that is right, because the doctrine came out of the Roman Church and not the Bible.
However what is written in the Quran corrects the faulty part of the trinity doctrine, if you will accept it. --- Let�s look at the Word (Logos, the creative power of God.)

In the Quran it says this of the birth of Jesus in Surah 3:
45 Behold! the angel said: "O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of a �Word� from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God;
47 She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: God createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!
--- Also, Surah 19:20   She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?"
21 He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': It is a matter (so) decreed."

--- It was announced that the Word (Logos) would come down from heaven to indwell the human Jesus.
Mary said �How�? --- And the angel says, �When God decrees a plan He simply says to it �Be� and it is.�
In 21 he says, �He will be a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': It is a matter (so) decreed."
So it was God�s plan to have the Word, who is invisible, the same as the Holy Spirit, to come down and indwell the physical body of Jesus so He could be seen, and would represent God on earth.

--- Jesus was CALLED the Son of God, but He was not a biological son. --- So, let�s look at the verse that says it all, in Surah 4:
171 O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in God and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for God is one God: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs.

171 O People of the Book (in this case Christians, and particularly Trinitarians)
--- �Commit no excesses in your religion, or say what isn�t true� --- don�t exaggerate the truth, as in the trinity doctrine.
--- �Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God,� --- Since (no more than) is in brackets, it indicates that it was not in the Arabic, but other translators use �just� an apostle of God. --- This is to indicate that Jesus was not God, --- but �just an Apostle, or Messenger,� also called the Messiah.

--- �An apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary,� --- So Jesus was an Apostle, Messenger of God (the Father of all), --- and His Word which He (God) bestowed on Mary, (as it says in 3:45,) --- and a Spirit from Him (God).
--- So, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit are all of God
Is this not exactly what it says in 1 John 5:7 --- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one, --- (they are all of God).

--- Notice,: --- It says, �So, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit are all of God,�
But it says, �Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for God is one God: Glory be to Him.�
--- And notice this: --- �Say not �trinity� meaning �three,�--- there has to be �three� to refer to, and the three are: --- God the Father, --- the Word, --- and the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God)

If you can understand this, you can see that the Quran is here correcting the faulty doctrine of the �trinity,� because Jesus was the visible Messenger of the �Three� from heaven. --- But notice, Jesus is NOT ONE OF THE 'THREE.�
(A little more later)

Placid
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 10:26am
Hi Placid,

Would you then admit that the quraan has a better and correct understanding of the birth of Jesus pbuh.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Hi iec,

Quote: This was my question?

I was reading the NIV study Bible and in the beginning of each chapter they give an account of the author of the book in question,and this is where i found that 91% of matthews is plagiarized from mark.So my next question is where was the Holy spirit while this was happening could he not have stopped Matthew from cribbing Marks work???

Response: --- The simple answer is in your statement, --- �I was reading the NIV Study Bible and in the beginning of each chapter (Book) they give an account.�

--- �Where was the Holy Spirit?� --- They weren�t writing by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. --- The Holy Spirit wasn�t with them.
--- What you read is not the Scriptures that they translated, but the comments of the scholars and critics who produced this �International� version.
It is a �Scholarly� version, --- it is not a Spiritually guided version.
--- What you read in the comments is not the Scripture itself, but the words of the final committee, who present a more �critical� focus on the authors, --- rather than the Scripture, --- given originally by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

If you look at the Preface, --- It will likely say the same in the Study Bible as it does in my copy.
Quote: The New International version is a completely new translation of the Holy Bible made by over a hundred scholars.
Wikipedia �The New International Version project was started after a meeting in 1965 at Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights, Illinois, of the Christian Reformed Church, National Association of Evangelicals, and a "group of international scholars.� --- End of quote.
From the Preface: �This group, though not made up of official Church representatives, was trans-denominational.� --- �The responsibility was given to a self-governing body of fifteen, the Committee on Bible Translation, composed for the most part of Biblical scholars from colleges, universities and seminaries.� --- These institutions have secular professors and teachers.
--- It goes on to mention representatives from various Countries and denominations to give it international flavor. --- And they have a mixture of:
1. The Accurate Scriptures, which are the Books themselves, --- And:
2. Their secular comments in the introductions and, in some cases, footnotes.

However, the translation is perhaps accurate to Scripture from a scholastic point of view. Quote: �All this involved many thousands of hours of research and discussion regarding the meaning of the texts and the precise way of putting them into English.�
--- The Scholars seemingly did not know the history of the Gospel of Matthew in Aramaic, a Hebrew dialect, --- and that it was no doubt the format for the three Synoptic Gospels, --- so their comments have misled readers.
--- If you read the NIV with no comments you would be, not too far astray, but, since it is not from Spiritual origin, it is not a good translation to rely on. It is better to put it on a shelf and get an authorized version as your study Bible.
--- The King James Bible was translated from the Greek Manuscripts in early 1600 and is still widely used. --- The New King James updates the language from the Old English, and I believe is the best version today.

--- It is very simple, it doesn�t matter what version you read, if you have been influenced away, by secular scholars, from believing that God inspired the writers, through His Holy Spirit, --- you will always be trying to make a case against God, as a critic.

--- It is God�s word, and Gabriel �confirmed� the former Scriptures as true in Surah 3:
2 God! There is no god but He, - the Living, the Self-Subsisting, Eternal.
3 It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus).

Placid

Hi Placid,

This is what we Muslims are telling you that the Quran confirms that the Good news was given to Jesus(PBUH)But we are telling you that the Bible that you hold in your hand is not the good news that was given to Jesus you have a book that has forty different authors and anonymous books several were thrown out as apocrypha doubtful fabricated scripts.this in a book of God no my friend this storey that you are trying to pass on to us about the Holy Spirit is another of those fabrications.

greetings iec
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic