IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rami....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rami....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rami....
    Posted: 18 October 2005 at 8:40pm

Can you explain ? please

Quote Accusing someone of something in Islam is a serious thing,

I don't think its just in islam, I think its just in general all over (I'm not talk about a passing comment) No one likes to be accused of something most especially if its not the truth.

But, What if that person is right ?

Quote in the west it is taken with a grain of salt most of the time ie having no consaquence

Staying away from celebrities and the tabloids - Where ?

I don't think its taken as a grain of salt, those who believe are wrongly accused can take the offender to court on defamation, even celebrities to do this.

Quote but in islam it is a sin if you are wrong.

How is it a sin if you are wrong ?

Where is the qur'anic support.

Without wrongs and errors we wouldn't learn what is right. 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:47am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Hi Angel,

I don't think its just in islam, I think its just in general all over (I'm not talk about a passing comment) No one likes to be accused of something most especially if its not the truth.

But, What if that person is right ?

It has nothing to do with likes and dislikes, Islam has a diffrent set of moral code than the rest of the world with different consaquences according to islamic teachings. If the person is right about the matter then there is a way which the issue has to be aproached, going about it the way people have been doing here is itself compounding there problems with Allah. Public Humiliation and display is not acceptable, as well as calling someone names. we are not talking just about the person being right or wrong here, that is one issue.

Staying away from celebrities and the tabloids - Where ?

I don't think its taken as a grain of salt, those who believe are wrongly accused can take the offender to court on defamation, even celebrities to do this.

What are the moral not legal consaquences for such things in Australia. I live in Australia people get into fights and dont give a second thought about what Allah might think of such behaviour or what reprecutions it may have apart from the imidiate.

How is it a sin if you are wrong ?

Where is the qur'anic support.

do you consider the way people aproached the issue is correct? it is a sin for a muslim why do you want to see the Quranic evidence will that change the way you look at things? i dont see a purpose in reaserching this matter for you and i dont have the time, maybe another forum memeber can Quote for you the relavent information it is common knowledge.

No since people use scociety as a basis for what is right and wrong not Allahs revelation. How do you know something is wrong if Allah hadnt told it is wrong?

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

why do you want to see the Quranic evidence will that change the way you look at things?

Perhaps it will.

And because I asked, nicely to

But its fine if yu don't have time.

Quote No since people use scociety as a basis for what is right and wrong not Allahs revelation. How do you know something is wrong if Allah hadnt told it is wrong?

If that is the case then I like to know how some people get by without knowing Allah's revelations but do rightful things ?

I disagree with you here, if you do something and then feel bad, and see that it has a negative effect, you did something in error - you learn from that. 

And if people keep repeating its because they haven't learnt the lesson, when they do they will stop and they then have learnt.

Did Allah also give us a brain to use also ?

Do we need someone to tell us its hot when we feel it too or see another one suffering in the heat ? No we use our brain and intellect to know.

When we see another suffering from starvation when there is plenty of food, we see that as wrong, do we need Allah to tell us that it is wrong we can see for ourselves ?

I believe God has given us mistakes/errors so that we can learn from and know what is the right things or positive ways to make life the better.

Mistakes and errors are not failures they give us a lesson to learn from.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 10:36pm
The rest of you post, good points
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic