IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - marrying non muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

marrying non muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 9:24am

ak_m_f.....impressive, you actually can count that far kid. I'm proud of you son.

peace -rudy

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by rudy rudy wrote:

H
Originally posted by discusted2 discusted2 wrote:

I think 13 - 15 years old

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Unhappy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unhappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 6:14pm

I think your "boyfriend" is shooting himself in the foot.  If he truly loves you does he honestly think these feelings are gonna disappear when he marries this new person.  If I were in your position Grace, I'd be very angry at him. 

You deserve better than that.  If my parents arranged a marriage with someone and I was in love with another, I'd tell my parents thanks but no thanks.  I'm not a big fan of arranged marriages but a lot of people have been made very happy by them, but if you can find love on your own I don't see the point of it. 

amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 10:58am

Technically speaking we are all Muslims and each religion or lack of it is a spiritual path to choose from and can be defined by the Word Islam or Life..

The bigger question in inter marriage whether race, cultural or riligious it is all of a spiritual nature and what needs to be looked at is how well the couple get along with each other, respect each other, their families etc.

There is practice of some men and women using members of the opposite or same sex as sex toys and then ending the relationship when they find Mr. or Miss Right.

I ask you why should anyone be a toy to used, though I admit there are times when you really need someone however given education on coping with sexual frustration and partial otr total abstance is key to being a little safer and surer you do not jump into a relationship just for sex or without really knowing the person first including yourself.

We all deserve to be loved and we need to make ourselves ready to love and be loved.

So when we do find the love of our life the love lasts.

Salam Alaikoam

Anne Marie Elderkin Habibi

Edited by amlhabibi2000
Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
Muslim Friend View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslim Friend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 11:08am

Hmmmmmmmmm,

glad the age issue was resolved.

O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 4:11pm

Alaikoam salam

I believe education is the key here in delaying sexual intamacy until a person has a haelthy relationship with themselves, others and the world where there is respect, however we can say all we wanmt and people may still decide for themselves, though I believe parents, care givers should guide young people well and have open lines of communication or at least a safe place ie counselor to consult with inshallah.

Anne Marie Elderkin Habibi

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 4:31pm

Bismillah,

Go to that link mentioned above.

It won't work out for you in any nice way with what you have described.  Whether Rudy's thought that it might be an excuse is right or not, either way, he is not the guy for you.  The only way it would work is if he made a stand for you right now of his own accord.  And knowing these guys, he won't. 

They don't understand that bravery can be exhibited in a situation like this.  They see it as disrespect for their families.  But then, who made him put himself in this situation?  He did.  He doesn't want to take responsibility.  He is a coward, and you don't need that.

Stop looking at the good things in him, and notice what a bad thing he is doing now, right now.  Be patient; don't despair; and seek Allah, SWT's guidance in all things.

Rudy,

You know that the older guys have to object to a post like that in the general section.  Please don't threaten people with manilla envelopes anymore!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic