IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - marrying non muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

marrying non muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: marrying non muslims
    Posted: 17 October 2005 at 5:50pm

i really need some answers regarding a muslim man...

i am a catholic and i do practice my faith...me and my muslim boyfriend (who also practices his faith) have been together for quite some time...we both love eachother deeply and are really happy...but i myself have a child out of wedlock, but he accepts this child of mine...but now he finally tells me that he was to have some sort of arranged marriage with a muslim woman (which was made by his parents long ago) in 2 years...he says he wants to be with me but he can't because his religion and family would not approve of this...might i add, he loves his family dearly, especially his mom, who he does not want to dissapoint...he teaches me about his religion and i enjoy learning about it and i also started to read the quran...i am just so lost in this whole situation, my time is also running out...does our love not matter in his religion and that he should be with someone who he does not love...please help me

discusted2 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discusted2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 5:57pm

you probably should seek advice from a marriage councelor

i will also assume that boyfreind means, a  relationship that does not mean sex outside marriage

grace View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 6:49pm

no we are not having sex...we are strict about touching, i respect that enough about him not to be tempted in any way

rudy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 3:22am

First you need to check if there is an arranged marriage for real, or is it just a getaway lie to end this relationship just like I have done few years ago when I got feed up with my ex and wanted a peaceful break up  .  

say you love this prince very much and will do whatever it takes to marry him,  and he's being pushed over to this arranged marriage and there is no way out of it...I suggest he considers marring both of you just as simple as that. There is nothing in Islam that forbids marring a catholic woman nor having 2 wives at the same time.  like always I'd like to share this joke:  God says to Adam, "I have some good news and some bad news. What do you want to hear first?"
Adam says, "Tell me the good news first."
God says, "I'm going to give you a penis and a brain. You'll derive from these great pleasure and great intellect."
Adam replies, "Wonderful! But what's the bad news?"
God says, "I'm only going to give you enough blood supply to work one at a time."

peace - rudy

Edited by rudy
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
thomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 6:35am

Hi Grace, just go to the thread "Marriages with the people of the book", I'm certain that you will find what you are looking for.

Thomas.

discusted2 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discusted2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 10:12am

rudy

how old are you son ?

you humor is childish and  lacks  (haya)(haya:politeness, respect,disincy)

rudy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:23am
Haya is what you lack dude. Only stupid typical grandpas like urself ask such questions and make such remarks.  I'm old enought to buy a  manilla envelope and mail yourself to me so I can kick the Sh__ out of you.

peace - rudy

Originally posted by discusted2 discusted2 wrote:

rudy

how old are you son ?

you humor is childish and  lacks  (haya)(haya:politeness, respect,disincy)

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 8:10am
Originally posted by rudy rudy wrote:

Haya is what you lack dude. Only stupid typical grandpas like urself
ask such questions and make such remarks.� I'm old enought to buy
a� manilla envelope and mail yourself to me so I can kick the Sh__
out of you.

peace - rudy

Originally posted by discusted2 discusted2 wrote:

rudy

how old are you son ?

you humor is childish and� lacks �(haya)(haya:politeness, respect,disincy)

I think 13 - 15 years old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic