IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Something On Sallah.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Something On Sallah.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something On Sallah.
    Posted: 16 September 2013 at 2:20pm
Assalam alaikum,
Narrated Abu Huraira, may Allah be pleased with him, I heard Allah's Apostle, may Allah bless and grant him peace, saying:- "IF THERE WAS A RIVER AT THE DOOR OF ANYONE OF YOU AND HE TOOK A BATH IN IT 5 TIMES A DAY, WOULD YOU NOTICE ANY DIRT ON HIM?". They said, "NOT A TRACE OF DIRT WOULD BE LEFT". The Prophet, peace be upon him, added:- "THAT IS THE EXAMPLE OF THE 5 PRAYERS WITH WHICH ALLAH BLOTS OUT (annuls)EVIL DEEDS".
                               [Bukhari, Book 10, No.506]

In yet another Hadith, the Prophet, peace be upon him, was quoted saying:-- "THE FIRST MATTER THAT THE SLAVE WILL BE BROUGHT TO ACCOUNT FOR ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT IS THE PRAYER. IF IT IS SOUND, THEN THE REST OF HIS DEEDS WILL BE SOUND. AND IF IT IS BAD, THEN THE REST OF HIS DEEDS WILL BE BAD". [At-Tabarani].

It is sad, however, to note that many Muslims today do not accord this important second pillar of Islam (Sallah) the importance and priority it deserves. You hear some say 'I am busy' now or 'I have no time' to pray now (at its stated time).. I will pray later.

You/We must drop this attitude and say our Prayers on time and preferably in congregation, noting that what distinguishes us, Believers, from Munafiqs (hypocrites), is the Sallah...the 5 daily prayers.
anisafatima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anisafatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2013 at 3:25am
Salam, Salah is a basic pillar of Islam. Our Holy Prophet (PBUH) if it is dropped then whole religion is dropped. Therefore we must adopt the habit of Salah five times a day on their appropriate time. May Allah Almighty give ability to offer Salah on time Aamin. JazakAllah Khair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic