IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sins are Causes of Punishment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sins are Causes of Punishment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sins are Causes of Punishment
    Posted: 01 September 2013 at 2:39am

I consider many great afflictions and severe ordeals, which life is full of, and whose severity is very intense.

I say, Allah, be exalted, is generous, and generosity necessitates forgiveness.

Thus, what is the cause of these punishments?

Then, I contemplate, and find that the existence of many people are like the existence of non-existent beings as they do not ponder on evidences of the oneness of Allah, and do not think of Allah�s commands and prohibitions. Rather, they live like animals.

If Allah�s religion conforms with their desires, they abide by it; otherwise, they will not. Their motive is their interest, and after attaining wealth, they do not care weather its source is lawful or unlawful.

If it is easy for them to perform prayers, they pray, and if it is difficult for them to perform them, they do not pray.

There are among them some committing great sins though they know that they are prohibited.

Some of them may have great beneficial knowledge; however, they commit grave sins.

Thus, I discover that their punishments, as great as they may seem, are lesser than their sins.

If punishment befalls in return for a sin, they will plead, saying �What is the cause of this punishment?�

They forget the great sins from the gravity of some of them the earth may shake.

An old man may be humiliated to the extent that people�s hearts feel compassion for him; however, they do not know that his suffering is because of his negligence of Allah�s rights when he was youth.

Thus, whenever you see an afflicted person, you should know that sins are behind such affliction.  

Source: Ibn al-Jawzy, abi al-Farj abdul ar-Rahmaan, Sayd al-Khaatr.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic