IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quran and numbers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quran and numbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quran and numbers
    Posted: 15 October 2005 at 2:06am

Ref: http://www.submission.org/miracle/endless.html

Many of you might've heard of this or seen it before. Quranic miracles that deal with numbers, for example, ratio of word "Land" to "Sea" gives you the 71%:29% (actual ratio of land:sea on Earth).

Has anyone here actually confirmed this? I've seen this claimed on more than one website, but they never give guidelines on how to actually confirm them numbers for ourselves.

Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 8:18am

Meaning no offence, these 'numbers  miracle' actually trouble me too..there is a site in which u can search for any word and, as u might know that 'death' and 'life'(al Hayat, Al maut) come exactly 145 times:but is that really so?Check this site:http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/simple.html

Type life and then death.Watch for ur self.

Can some one tell me where is the problem?

Edited by Dayem
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
Deus View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 3:38pm
Yes, Dayem. That is the point I'm trying to raise. If this "miracle" is fabricated, why is it still preached? Confirming it is not a simple task either, since one would have to search the terms in Arabic instead of English.
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 10:00pm
Yeah, and I wonder y people never contradict this 'miracle' claim?
LOONWATCH.COM
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 3:36am

I heard that in the koran Adam is mentioned 23 times and 'Awaa (Eve) is mentioned 23 times. Together it's 46 which is the number of chromosomes which make up the DNA of a human being.

Alif it's number value in arabic is 1

Daal is 5

Meem is 40

these 3 letters form Adam in arabic and the number value is 46!

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 3:38am

Dam in arabic means blood.

Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:52am

Huh?

I dont deny all the numerical miracles, wat bout Life and death?Are they really mentioned 145 times?

LOONWATCH.COM
Deus View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 7:12pm

This is all "I've heard" and "I've read". What about "I've counted"? Can someone do us a favour and do a real count?

Community; Yes, dam does mean blood. But why is this significant? Adam itself means dust (red dust or clay).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic