IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - embracing islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

embracing islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arshahmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: embracing islam
    Posted: 16 August 2013 at 8:47pm
Assalamalaykum Dr. Naik,

I was born non-muslim. Couple of years back I fell in love with a muslim girl. I expressed my desire to get married to her. I heard a lot of public lectures delivered by you in this regard. I understood that I will have to become muslim. Gradually I learnt arabic to read Quran, started offering namaz and then converted. Today I follow and practice the teachings of Islam by heart & not out of any compulsion. I have infact read the english translated version of Quran as well. And I am all set to continue following the path of Islam for the rest of my life.

My question to u is can I get married to her now under Islamic law.

Waiting for a response.
Allah hafiz

with warm regards,
Arsh Ahmed
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2013 at 10:37pm
Salam,

Dear Br. Arshad, first welcome to ICforum and welcome to Islam.

Dr. Naik is not here (in this forum). Regarding your question, from our understanding, yes, now you can marry here under Islamic law.
Might other forum members can give some words about this too.

Admin

Edited by icforumadmin - 17 August 2013 at 10:37pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2013 at 6:57am
Yes,but brother make sure that your intention to accept Islam is for the love of Allah,not to marry ur Muslim love.since U have watched dr naik's videos,U might also watched about lbw I.e love before wedding which he says it is wrong,but anyways best of luck in your life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic