IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - One Day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Day
    Posted: 11 August 2013 at 8:44pm
Greetings and peace to all-

This is my first post in this forum. Please forgive me if I am opening discussion on a topic that has already been posted and is active.

I am a Jew. I have ventured into this forum with hopes of meeting a Muslim (or many, God willing!) who, like myself, are tired of hearing about violence between those of our faiths. It absolutely breaks my heart to read every day of our people hurting each other. I know there are deep wounds on both sides. What I also know is that God commands us all to love one another.

I've made a choice. I choose peace. I choose love. And I would like to hear from others who may feel the same way. We have all been deceived by our leaders and politicians. I feel like it's time we stop listening to the non-sense and begin communicating with each other.

People. That's all that matters. People. You and I. You feel that God has moved you to worship Him as a Muslim? Great. When you're done with your prayers, let's have a meal together. How about our children play together. Isn't that all that matters? That we can live in peace? That our children can play without fear? That we can live prosperous lives that God intends?

I imagine that One Day, we'll all great each other with love and kindness. That One Day, there'll be no more war. That One Day, Jews and Muslims will walk beside each other, friends. That One Day, we'll make this world a better place for all mankind. One Day.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 6:09pm
Salam/Peace,

We all in teh same boat, want peace for everyone. Hope someday we can see this as areality.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 7:29am
In Sha Allah.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Andy Andy wrote:

Greetings and peace to all-

This is my first post in this forum. Please forgive me if I am opening discussion on a topic that has already been posted and is active.

I am a Jew. I have ventured into this forum with hopes of meeting a Muslim (or many, God willing!) who, like myself, are tired of hearing about violence between those of our faiths. It absolutely breaks my heart to read every day of our people hurting each other. I know there are deep wounds on both sides. What I also know is that God commands us all to love one another.

I've made a choice. I choose peace. I choose love. And I would like to hear from others who may feel the same way. We have all been deceived by our leaders and politicians. I feel like it's time we stop listening to the non-sense and begin communicating with each other.

People. That's all that matters. People. You and I. You feel that God has moved you to worship Him as a Muslim? Great. When you're done with your prayers, let's have a meal together. How about our children play together. Isn't that all that matters? That we can live in peace? That our children can play without fear? That we can live prosperous lives that God intends?

I imagine that One Day, we'll all great each other with love and kindness. That One Day, there'll be no more war. That One Day, Jews and Muslims will walk beside each other, friends. That One Day, we'll make this world a better place for all mankind. One Day.

Reminiscent of the
"I Have A Dream" speech by Martin Luther King, Jr.

and Amen to what you say.  I also choose peace.  I also choose Love and kindness.  Are you able to include the followers of Yahshua in your dream?

Shalom,
Caringheart

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Andy Andy wrote:

Greetings

We have all been deceived by our leaders and politicians.

Andy, welcome! Please share with us a few examples of how we have all been deceived by our leaders and politicians.
AbuKhalid View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuKhalid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:37pm
Quote I imagine that One Day, we'll all great each other with love and kindness. That One Day, there'll be no more war. That One Day, Jews and Muslims will walk beside each other, friends. That One Day, we'll make this world a better place for all mankind. One Day.

This happened in the past when the Jews ran away from christian persecution and came to the Muslim lands for peace and security. I'm sure peace and security will prevail again
bronaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2013 at 11:45pm
Peace can only be attained when one comes to realize this earth is not the end of our journey. We are all created in the image and likeness of God and Heaven is our true home. Fighting for Land on earth is futile because none of us will get to keep it forever.
Andy View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 8:31pm
[/QUOTE]Reminiscent of the"I Have A Dream" speech by Martin Luther King, Jr.and Amen to what you say.� I also choose peace.� I also choose Love and kindness.� Are you able to include the followers of Yahshua in your dream?Shalom,Caringheart[/QUOTE]

In my dream, there are no differences between you and I. There are no exceptions...just as God makes no exceptions. He loves us all, and as His children, we should all practice the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic