IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Letter to my Prime Minister regarding Egypt  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Letter to my Prime Minister regarding Egypt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letter to my Prime Minister regarding Egypt
    Posted: 28 July 2013 at 9:06pm
Salaam Alaikum everyone.

I call on every member of this forum to join me in condemning the mass murders perpetrated against the Egyptian military junta against the supporters of Morsi.

While I believe it is evident that Morsi's government, though democratically elected, overwhelmingly lost the support of the Egyptian people due to st**id policies and repressions of its own (though they were not nearly as deadly as what is happening now), this does not excuse the murders of his supporters.

I have written a letter to my government and am petitioning them to cut off all military aid and diplomatic support to Egypt while its army is murdering its citizens with impunity.

I also strongly encourage and call on every other Canadian, American and European on this forum, as well as a member of any other nation whose government has ties to the current regime, to do the same.

Pray for an end to the violence in Egypt and work for justice.

God bless you.

TG123

Copy of letter I sent to my Prime Minister regarding the situation in Egypt

Dear Prime Minister Stephen Harper,

As a Canadian citizen and fellow Christian who is following the news in Egypt, I am appalled by the mass murders of Egyptian protesters by the military.

As you are probably aware, over 60 unarmed Egyptian demonstrators were murdered by the army this Saturday. They were peacefully demonstrating in favour of the ousted president, when they were mercilessly gunned down.

I am no supporter of Mohammed Morsi, he was elected democratically but due to his policies he lost the support of the majority of his people.

However, it is inexcusable that his supporters were murdered in cold blood.

I call on you as the leader of our democratic nation, to cut all ties with the Egyptian military while they are in power and are continuing to oppress their opponents. Any military, diplomatic or political support Canada gives to the current government in Egypt should be rescinded while these atrocities are taking place.

As a democratic nation, we should take a clear stance against these human rights abuses. As a Christian, I also urge you to remember that our faith calls on us to hunger and thirst for justice.

We need to show the junta that Canada does not support its spilling of innocent blood.

Sincerely,

my name
my address
my postal code
my email

Stephen Harper can be contacted here: Contact the Prime Minister - Prime Minister of Canada

Barack Obama can be contacted here: Contact the White House | The White House

David Cameron can be contacted here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...downing-street

Please lift your voices also against this crime. Pray for the people of Egypt and follow Christ's call to hunger and thirst for justice.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 10:15am
Good job. Thumbs%20Up
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Good job. Thumbs%20Up

Thanks Caringheart, for the support. I really appreciate it. Are you going to write a letter also? The more people who speak out the better.

Jesus calls on us to hunger and thirst for justice. A letter may not be much, but it's something.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic