IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Isaiah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isaiah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Isaiah
    Posted: 26 July 2013 at 8:19pm
What do muslims say about the book of Isaiah?
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 1:59pm
Allah in quran says in ch 13 v 38-Allah had sent down several revelations before quran but those revelations were only for particular section of people and for given period of time.by name 4 books are mentioned taura, zabur, ingil.ingil was revealed to Jesus Christ (pbuh) and the message was to submit will to Allah. In surah Al imran ch 3 v 52-Jesus Christ (pbuh) asked the people to submit will to Allah and regarded himself as Muslim.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Allah in quran says in ch 13 v 38-Allah had sent down several revelations before quran but those revelations were only for particular section of people and for given period of time.by name 4 books are mentioned taura, zabur, ingil.ingil was revealed to Jesus Christ (pbuh) and the message was to submit will to Allah. In surah Al imran ch 3 v 52-Jesus Christ (pbuh) asked the people to submit will to Allah and regarded himself as Muslim.

Greetings NABA,
But what of Isaiah?  Are muslims familiar with the prophesies of Isaiah?
Salaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 7:38am
yes,in fact we believe Jesus Christ(pbuh) is one of the most eminent prophets of Allah,in ch 4 v 157-158-Allah says that Allah has raised up Jesus christ(pbuh) in the heaven and Jesus christ(pbuh) has not died,we all know whatever Jesus Christ(pbuh) did miracles was with the help of Allah,in Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 116-Jesus christ(pbuh) says worship only Allah he is my lord and your lord.in ch 5 v 72-Allah clearly says those are doing a grieveous sin by regarding Jesus Christ(pbuh) as God.

Edited by NABA - 29 July 2013 at 7:38am
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 12:29pm
Story of Prophet Isaiah (pbuh)

Ibn Kathir

Among the prophets between David and Zakariah is Isaiah (pbuh), Ibn Amoz (Amisiah). According to Muhammad Ibn Ishaaq, Isaiah (pbuh) appeared before Zakariah (pbuh) and Yahya (John the Baptist) (pbuh). He is among those who prophesied about Isa (Jesus) (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh). The king during his time was called Hezekiah (Hazkia). He listened and was obedient to Isaiah in what he advised him to do and prohibit for the good of the state. Affairs took momentum among the Israelites. The king became sick with an infected foot. While he was sick, King Sennacherib (Sinharib) of Babylon advanced towards Jerusalem with sixty thousand men.

The people were greatly terrified. The King asked Isaiah: "What did Allah reveal to you regarding Sennacherib and his army?" He replied: "He has not yet revealed anything to me." Then the revelation came down for King Hezekiah to appoint a successor, as he wished, because his end was at hand. When Isaiah told him this, the king turned to the qibla (the direction faced in prayer); he prayed, glorified Allah, invoked Him, and wept. Weeping and invoking Allah the All-Powerful and majestic with a sincere heart, trust and patience, he said: "O Lord of lords, and God of gods! O, Benevolent and Merciful One Whom neither sleep nor nodding can overpower, remember me for my deeds and my just judgment over the children of Israel; and all that was from You, and You know it better than I do, my open acts and my secrets are with You."

Allah answered his prayers had compassion on him. He revealed to Isaiah to tell him the glad tidings that He had compassion for his weeping and would extend his life for a further fifteen years and save him from the enemy, Sennacherib. When Isaiah told this to Hezekiah, his disease was healed. Evil and sadness departed, and he fell prostrate, saying: "O Lord, it is You Who grants kingship to whomsoever You wish and dethrones whomsoever You wish and elevates whomsoever You wish and degrades whomsoever You wish, Knower of the unseen and the evident. And lo! You are the First and the Last; the Manifest and the Perceived; You grant mercy and answer the prayers of the troubled ones."

When he raised his head, Allah revealed to Isaiah to command the king to extract the water of the fig and apply it to his sore, and he would be whole and cured. He did so and was cured.

Then Allah sent death upon the army of Sennacherib. In the morning they were all corpses, except Sennacherib and five of his companions, among them Nebuchadnezzar (Bukhtanasar). The king of Israel immediately sent for them, put them in shackles and displayed them in the land for seventy days to spite and insult them. Every day each of them was fed a loaf of barley bread; after seventy days he confined them in prison.

Allah then revealed to Isaiah that the king should send them back to their country so that they might warn their people what would happen to them. When they returned, Sennacherib gathered his people and told them what had happened to them. The priests and magicians said to him: "We told you about their Lord and their prophets, but you did not listen to us. It is a nation which, with their God, nobody can overcome." So, Sennacherib was afraid of Allah. He died seven years later.

Ibn Ishaaq also reported that when King Hezekiah of Israel died, the Israelites' condition deteriorated; there was political confusion, and their wickedness increased. Isaiah preached to them what Allah revealed to him, directing them to righteousness and warning them of Allah's severe punishment. His preaching made him their enemy and they decided to kill him, so he escaped from them.

Ibn Ishaaq also reported an Israelite interpolation which said that when Isaiah was passing by a tree, it opened, and he entered therein; but Satan saw him and held onto the loop of his garment so that it stuck out. When they saw it, they brought a saw and sawed the tree, and him with it. Indeed, from Allah we come and to him we return.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 2:07pm
Greetings iec,
I see you are back with a vengeance. Smile  I had an avalanche of e-mail from islamicity today, and islamicity has been very quiet and still for quite some time.

Thank you for sharing this.
Quite disturbing about the tree being sawed with Isaiah in it.
I do not think I have ever read anything regarding Isaiah's death in the Judeo-Christian scriptures.  The scriptures don't really talk about Isaiah, the book only includes the things revealed to Isaiah, which he in turn revealed.

So Isaiah is accepted by muslims as a prophet?  Have you ever read the book of Isaiah as it is in the Bible?

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 09 September 2013 at 2:11pm
Blessed be God forever
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 10:11am
Hi Caringheart,Just took a break and tried to catch up on some work.Yes it is almost a year since i was here,but i am coming back to check up on what you have been up to.Yes you know i have read the whole Bible and the Quraan.

Peace to you
Ismail
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

What do muslims say about the book of Isaiah?

would a prophet of God go around naked in public? i do not know. caringheart, what would you think of a naked man going aroung claiming he was sent by God, surely, you would call him psychotic?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic