IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Life in paradise  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Life in paradise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1914 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Life in paradise
    Posted: 06 July 2013 at 11:21am

I have a few questions if I may Tongue, did the earlier prophets of �the book�  like Enoch (Idrīs), Noah (Nūḥ), Abraham (Ibrāhīm), Job (Ayyūb), Moses (Mūsā) etc . . . believe in a resurrection of life:

(1) To a physical earthly paradise or a resurrection of life to a spiritual heaven?

(2) Who of the earlier prophets if any, believed in a resurrection to an earthly paradise?

Please provide references if possible (chapter/verse)

(3) Who of the earlier prophets if any, believed in a resurrection to spiritual heaven?   

Please provide references if possible. (chapter/verse)

Thanks

Edited by 1914 - 06 July 2013 at 11:23am
1914 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1914 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 6:11pm
Any one care to share a thought, hope or belief?
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2013 at 2:15am
All prophets believed what Allah says, the main aim of all prophets of islam was to bring people to straight path to b successful in hereafter.definitely the resurrection will b of new world, for eg in Surah Al Mursalat ch 77 v 10-on last day mountains will b crushed to dust, Surah Al insaan ch 76 v 17-the dwellers of heaven will drink zanjabil, in Surah Al Ibrahim ch 14 v 16-dwellers of hell will b given boiling water to drink in front of them, Surah An Nisa ch 4 v 56-Allah says that we will give new layer of skin each time when their skin burns so that they can feel pain.
1914 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1914 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 5:18am
Wow! I'm really shocked! I know people of faith on this forum talk about paradise and or heaven but no one can explain where or how this belief came about and who of the prophets believed it by showing a scriptural reference but people supposedly believe that they are going there.

Which of the earlier prophets taught this teaching of paradise and or resurrection? Or is it man made without a foundation?

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 7:50am
it is not at all the man made foundation,our creator Allah had send these words to our last and final messenger Prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh),Allah had described about hell so that we can develop fear and do good deeds,for eg Allah forbids backbiting in ch 49 v 11-12 and in ch 104 v 4-5 Allah says there is blazing fire for these sinners so if a God fearing individual read this he will refrain himself from this logically speaking if we avoid backbiting there will b less quarell and more peace which is the ultimate goal of Islam.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2013 at 5:57am

Originally posted by 1914 1914 wrote:

I have a few questions if I may , did the earlier prophets of �the book�  like Enoch (Idris), Noah (Nuh?), Abraham (Ibrahim), Job (Ayyub), Moses (Musa) etc . . . believe in a resurrection of life...

By "the book", do you mean the Quran or the Bible or something else?

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by 1914 1914 wrote:

Wow! I'm really shocked! I know people of faith on this forum talk about paradise and or heaven but no one can explain where or how this belief came about and who of the prophets believed it by showing a scriptural reference but people supposedly believe that they are going there.

Which of the earlier prophets taught this teaching of paradise and or resurrection? Or is it man made without a foundation? 

If I were to answer off the top of my head without deeper pondering, or further research, I would have to say that it was Yahshua who taught us of the Father's kingdom and of the resurrection.

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

These are all the words of Yahshua.

Edited by Caringheart - 03 August 2013 at 4:42pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 10:51am
1914 for an answer to this we need to establish

1 what religion you belong to?

2 Who are you addressing?Muslims or the Christians?

3 What you are asking for will take time in explaining so you have to be specific.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic