IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am so depressed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am so depressed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 4:50pm
I am depressed too.. Because of some problems and because of my naive imaan :(

But i try to think the other muslim people in Pakistan now, in Palestin, Chechenia, Africa.. So many poor people who are in war, who can't find food or even water, who loose their loved one day by day, who have nothing except their imaan... And then i found myself so stupid, so stupid woman who cry.. who is depressed for such stupid problems...

I am not in war area, i am healthy elhamdulillah, i have a shelter on me, i can go to kitchen and i can eat whatever i want..  And still i find so stupid things to worry and to cry..

It was not a good night for me tonight.. But i forced myself to think about my sisters and brothers in poor regions.. We should always be in shukr. Even we are in the most poor condition we should be thankfull because we are muslims elhamdulillah...

If we think we haven't got anything, it means we didn't understand the islam. We have Allah, we have imaan, we have the love of our prophet (sav)..

I am such a stupid woman :(

Dear sister christainwoman;

as you see.. i'm in depression as well (time to time) but where can we go, where can we lead to except Allah.. Allah is the only one who can hear us and who can solve our problems.. and who can put the real imaan in our hearts. The only thing we should do; just praying, praying, praying..and obeying as well of course :)

ALLAH is the great... I know Allah is hearing our du'as and absolutely will respond them...maybe in this world, maybe in the other... But absolutely will answer them...

Edited by Henna
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 6:16am

Bismillah,

May Allah, SWT, cure you of your depression.

Exercise, no matter how little or what it is, will help alleviate depression.  I have found the advice stated in a hadith helpful also.  It goes something like:  If you are sitting, stand; if you are laying down, stand up; like that; then, make wuduu, and if that doesn't help, say a couple rakas of prayer.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 11:32am

A few things that have helped me on a functional level..

1. Go out and do something good for others

2. Make a list of positive things you will do for yourself. Depending upon what you already do this might be:

-prayers

-call a friend, meet for tea

-go to a lecture or class, take up a hooby you've always wanted to learn

-eat your favorite food

-find a way to laugh.  I make sure to stay connected to people who help me laugh.

3. Exercise in some way. This has been shown to help peoples' mental states.  

As far as Islam.. I would get really stressed about it. Take your time. Have patience and take care of yourself. It takes alot of time to absorb it all. Do what you can do, not what others might expect or you 'ideally' would want.  We are all on a journey. you can only do what one step at a time. Sometimes I would mentally have to take a step back. Absorb and relax. As you see from others here it is a on-going process. Any person, whether Moslem or non-Moslem, trying to better themselves, will have struggles and at times confusion and different types of doubts.  Our utter human-ness is revealed in this struggle.  

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 9:27am
Yes, Islam is a journey; here is my journey story :)

Year 2002- Spring: I read the first time whole Kur'an-i Kerim in my own language. And i wanted to become a "real muslimah"

Year 2003- Spring: I started to pray few times.. i.e. 2 times per day, 6 times per week..

Year 2004- Spring: I wanted to wear my hijaab.

Year 2004- Autumn (Ramadhan): I started to wear my hijaab.

Year 2005- Spring: I started to pray 5 times per day.

Year 2005- Autumn: Elhamdulillah... 

Edited by Henna
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 5:46pm

Bismillah,

That's sweet Sister Henna.  I never drew up a timeline!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 1:12am
Sister henna, beautiful journey ma sha allah.  
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 6:07pm

Edited by firewall
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:34pm
Dear herjihad;
i think i am "too much" orginesed 

Dear
Abeer23;
Jazaak Allah..

Dear firewall;
I am agree with you.. Dear sister needs some friend.. 
I always wanted to go to Canada  (Christianwoman is in Canada )

Edited by Henna
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic