IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am so depressed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am so depressed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am so depressed
    Posted: 01 November 2005 at 4:09am

Assalamu Alaikum:

I am new on this forum, but I found the posts so interesting I had to reply to a few.

I too have gone through periods of highs and lows in my Islamic journey. That is natural as Imaan is always changing. But I always tell myself to be patient and I remember that Allah did not reveal the entire Quran to the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) at one time as it would have overwhelmed the Sahaba. They took 25 years to perfect Islam, and they were the best of us and in the company of the Prophet. I'm just a simple woman who was blessed enough to find Islam.

When I look at it this way, I don't feel so bad.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 5:55am

Bismillah,

I agree with you ss.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
sinful servant View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinful servant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:54am

as salaam mu alaikum all!

o have just become a member of this forums thing(iknow i should be more computer litterate but im getting there slowly)

i was depressed at one stage too..but i didnt know it if that makes sense.i also felt like iwas fine around pple but when i was alone....i couldnt me alone.sleeping alone made me scared.and now being ramadhaan i have tried to change my bad habits and to learn alot moe about islam and i read salaah more regularly and i find that i am a happier person!that i can sit on my musallah and face Allah and beg him to forgive me...cos im not a saint as my nickname suggests.anywya my point is that i think if u sincerely sit and ask Allah to help you concentrate and to forgive the sins you hVE COMMITTED then that would help.

Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:34pm
Dear herjihad;
i think i am "too much" orginesed 

Dear
Abeer23;
Jazaak Allah..

Dear firewall;
I am agree with you.. Dear sister needs some friend.. 
I always wanted to go to Canada  (Christianwoman is in Canada )

Edited by Henna
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 6:07pm

Edited by firewall
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 1:12am
Sister henna, beautiful journey ma sha allah.  
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 5:46pm

Bismillah,

That's sweet Sister Henna.  I never drew up a timeline!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 9:27am
Yes, Islam is a journey; here is my journey story :)

Year 2002- Spring: I read the first time whole Kur'an-i Kerim in my own language. And i wanted to become a "real muslimah"

Year 2003- Spring: I started to pray few times.. i.e. 2 times per day, 6 times per week..

Year 2004- Spring: I wanted to wear my hijaab.

Year 2004- Autumn (Ramadhan): I started to wear my hijaab.

Year 2005- Spring: I started to pray 5 times per day.

Year 2005- Autumn: Elhamdulillah... 

Edited by Henna
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic