IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Egypt  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Egypt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egypt
    Posted: 03 July 2016 at 7:02am
Ditto Tim.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2016 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Thoughts:

Has anyone else, like myself, pondered about the Egyptians?
Here is a land, sitting in the middle of Africa,
but here is a people very unlike all other Africans,
they are a people distinct unto themselves, are they not?
Egyptians don't fall into the African category, the Arab category, the Asian category, the caucasian category, the Hebrew category....
Am I wrong?

They are very like other North Africans. The other peoples of the Southern Mediteranian shores.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2016 at 8:18am

People are allowed to share their own personal observations, are they not?

http://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2661

Please refer to #10.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 12:27pm
Greetings abuayisha,

I am truly sorry that you have had this reaction.  Confused

Is it a 'rude and inflammatory statement' when people say that Jesus was not the Son of God, that He was not Divine, that He did not rise from the dead?
People are allowed to share their own personal observations, are they not?

How many times is america called the great satan, and Israel the little satan?
Are these not rude and inflammatory statements?  I find them to be very inflammatory (and offensive), but I also recognize that I must accept them as expressions of how certain people really feel.
I thought that we had progressed to this point on these forums.

asalaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 28 June 2016 at 12:29pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 7:55am

I can only see where islam has destroyed great people and great nations.[IMG]smileys/smiley13.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Disapprove" />

What a rude and inflammatory statement. I only hope that our moderators have taken note and suspend your participation on the forum.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2016 at 5:08pm
I only just learned of what happened to Lara Logan, journalist, when she was in Egypt during the 'arab spring'.  Horrible... barbarians....
... and I am currently watching(again) a program on the ancient pyramids and structures of Egypt....

Egypt - Egyptians - the pyramids -
Clearly once a people and a nation of great wisdom and knowledge
What has happened to the great and wise Egyptian people?

the Persians -the same - clearly once a people and a nation of great wisdom and knowledge

I can only see where islam has destroyed great people and great nations.

Disapprove

Edited by Caringheart - 27 June 2016 at 5:11pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2014 at 10:18am
I found this shocking to read;

"In Egypt, the largest Arab country, 91 percent of women and girls are subjected to female genital mutilation, according to UNICEF. "

As I had always considered the Egyptian society and culture to be civilized and advanced.
What has happened to Egypt?

What has happened to the whole arab world that they have produced little of value in the world for the whole of the 20th century?

... no technology, medicine or anything else in the world of science

... almost no contributions to world literature, art or to intellectual development. (?)

"According to the United Nations Arab Human Development Reports (2003-2005), written by Arab intellectuals...

Greece, with a population of 11 million, annually translates five times more books from English than the entire Arab world, population 370 million.

Nor is this a new development. The total number of books translated into Arabic during the last 1,000 years is less than Spain translates into Spanish in one year.

ArabianBusiness.com reports that about 100 million people in the Arab world are illiterate; and three quarters of them are between the ages of 15 and 45."

So the question I was reading...

What has the arab world produced?

and why has it not used its oil revenues to produce better education, pursue medicine, and build infrastructure?

Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2014 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

To me, the fact all Egyptians belong to the same, unique ethnic group makes the hatred between Egyptian Christians and Egyptian Muslims even harder to understand.

Thumbs%20Up  precisely  Smile

I can't understand how this people came to be, right in the middle of Africa.
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic