IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - universe!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

universe!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2013 at 8:19am

Allah in surah mulk ch 67 v 2-Allah had created life and death to test us who is good in deeds,Those who obey Allah will enter paradise,those who follow Satan will enter hell,our religion propogates the best way of life,I enjoy life such as cricket,cars avoiding haraam things,but I never miss my prayer,i still stick to it that spread out means flat grounds etc,U did not respond to my view about bad habits, I want to say that does an individual requires a book to steal, to rape, to do any wrong thing.u say that this book is from satan.I quote u a verse of Surah Al Fussilat ch 41 v 34-no doubt bad deed cannot b equal to good deed, but behave with politeness to ur enemy and u will see that he had become ur best friend.so do u think satan can give this message????? Therefore quran is the last revelation from Allah, I know u will cross question by saying that if enemy wants to kill u u will b polite, in that case will fight because Allah says don't let ur own hands to b the cause of ur own destruction (ch 2 v 195) I will stop my enemy to kill me.

Edited by NABA - 07 July 2013 at 9:16am
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2013 at 5:36pm

Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

U did not respond to my view about bad habits,

No offense intended, but it's easy to miss a question when you don't use paragraphs or punctuation or even capitalization.  I'm not sure what response you're looking for.

Quote I want to say that does an individual requires a book to steal, to rape, to do any wrong thing.

No.  Does an individual require a book to give to charity, to treat women with respect, to do the right thing?  I hope not.  Again, what's your point?

Quote u say that this book is from satan.

No, I certainly didn't.  I don't even believe in Satan.  But you do, so I asked you how you know it's not from Satan.

Quote I quote u a verse of Surah Al Fussilat ch 41 v 34-no doubt bad deed cannot b equal to good deed, but behave with politeness to ur enemy and u will see that he had become ur best friend.so do u think satan can give this message?????

Of course he can.  Why not?  As I said, it's what I would expect him to do: mix in just enough truth with his lies to make the whole thing seem plausible.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2013 at 11:24pm

My point was to say that people acquire bad habits,they don't learn,in islam from the childhood Qur'an is taught to the individuals but if they learn with translation in sha Allah they will learn better and will be able to implement,because once the children enter teens it is difficult to modify their personality,and u r not alien to the fact today in this era teenagers do those sins that we don't even think about it,so my meaning was to say that the root of becoming better human being lies within the childhood ,Satan will try to deviate believers from the path and that's Allah want to c whether we obey him or disobey him,i will not respond to ur belief in Satan because i already respond to ur belief in Allah in other place,in Qur'an everything is TRUE,so there is no question of lies in it!!!!

Edited by NABA - 07 July 2013 at 11:27pm
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 2:23pm

Assalamalecum WA rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.edwin Hubble a famous scientist said that universe is ever expanding but Allah 1400 years ago mentioned this fact in Surah Adh Dhaariyat ch 51 v 47.

Assalamu Alaikum.

That is very impressive, NABA. Thank you for sharing!
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

Assalamalecum WA rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.edwin Hubble a famous scientist said that universe is ever expanding but Allah 1400 years ago mentioned this fact in Surah Adh Dhaariyat ch 51 v 47.

Assalamu Alaikum.

I don't see how surah 51:47 in any way says anything about the expanding universe... ???

Edited by Caringheart - 08 August 2013 at 2:44pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 2:53pm

it depends on about taking meaning,U say spread out means flat,I interpret as spread out means flat grounds,flat roads,ocean,because Allah says he had made oceans compatible for ur ships to sail(ch 31 v 31),

moreover Allah says in ch 79 v 30,they had made earth as egg shaped which is geospherical which is right.

satan is a jinn and he doesn't need book to astray people,those who stick to Qur'an R difficult preys for him,otherwise All will obey him,that's y life is the test,in judgement day Allah will c who had obeyed Satan and who obeyed Allah,one thing for sure the last destination for Satan and his followers is hell.

Greetings NABA,

How in your mind do you explain these contradictions to yourself, that you believe come from God Himself, that are in the qur'an?  You have your god saying two different things to you in this his perfect book.

Personally, I don't interpret 'spread out' as meaning flat... just expansive(expansive, not expanding)... just large beyond measure, which it would have been in Muhammad's time.

and of course satan could use a book to lead people astray, especially when people are taught to live by that book... that there is no guidance other than that book, and to not use their own minds to discern the truth of things.  It only takes just enough of the Truth to lead people astray.  Give them a little to make it just believable enough that they follow it to their own destruction. Unhappy

Salaam and good will to you,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 08 August 2013 at 3:43pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum.

I don't see how surah 51:47 in any way says anything about the expanding universe... ???

Hi Caringheart,

If you go to "Corpus Quran" and look up 5:47, you will see that the author of the Quran states he expanded and is expanding the heavens and the earth.
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp?chapter=51&verse=47

If we take "heavens" to mean universe, and this in my opinion wouldn't be an unfair description, one could say that according to the Quran, it is expanding.

There are some amazing scientific truths in the Quran that a human being would not be aware of, without supernatural help. There are also some obvious scientific and historical errors, which God would not make. You can draw your own conclusions from that.

Peace in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Edited by TG12345 - 08 August 2013 at 3:02pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 3:27pm
Interesting.

And the heaven        We constructed it       
with strength,    and indeed, We   
(are) surely (its) Expanders.   
And the earth,       
We have spread it;   
how excellent       
(are) the Spreaders!

I take two things from this.

'We are surely its expanders'...
is subject to many ways of interpretation.  To me it simply means that God created the vastness of the universe.  It says nothing about the continuing expansion of the universe which we now know of.  I think it is too easy to 'read into' all scriptures. Disapprove

'how excellent are the Spreaders'
I find it very interesting that the Creator is referred to as 'the Spreaders'... plural.  Again 'spread it' simply means to me... created it in its vast expanse.

There is also a surah called 'the table spread'... what did spread mean in this context?  Would it be any different than the earth spread?  Doesn't it just mean, is laid out before you?

Edited by Caringheart - 08 August 2013 at 3:37pm
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic