IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - universe!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

universe!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: universe!!!
    Posted: 03 July 2013 at 9:31am
Assalamalecum WA rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.edwin Hubble a famous scientist said that universe is ever expanding but Allah 1400 years ago mentioned this fact in Surah Adh Dhaariyat ch 51 v 47.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2013 at 8:11pm

You are easily impressed, NABA.  First, the universe has to be either expanding, or staying the same, or shrinking; so the Quran had a 1-in-3 chance of getting it right by dumb luck.  We have an expression: "Even a broken clock gives the correct time twice a day."

Second, only one (Ali) of the three translations provided by Islamicity (M Asad, Yusuf Ali, and Picktall) says that the universe is expanding; so it isn't even clear that the Quran makes that claim.

Third, the very next surah describes the Earth as being "spread out", implying that the earth is flat.  So the Quran got some things right, and some things wrong.

But most of all, even if the Quran got lots of things right, why is that evidence that it comes from God?  Could it not equally come from Satan?  Isn't this just what Satan would do to lead us astray -- mix in just enough truth with his lies to make the whole thing seem plausible?

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2013 at 9:48am
it depends on about taking meaning,U say spread out means flat,I interpret as spread out means flat grounds,flat roads,ocean,because Allah says he had made oceans compatible for ur ships to sail(ch 31 v 31),moreover Allah says in ch 79 v 30,they had made earth as egg shaped which is geospherical which is right.satan is a jinn and he doesn't need book to astray people,those who stick to Qur'an R difficult preys for him,otherwise All will obey him,that's y life is the test,in judgement day Allah will c who had obeyed Satan and who obeyed Allah,one thing for sure the last destination for Satan and his followers is hell.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2013 at 4:19pm

Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

it depends on about taking meaning,U say spread out means flat,I interpret as spread out means flat grounds,flat roads,ocean,because Allah says he had made oceans compatible for ur ships to sail(ch 31 v 31),...

But the earth is not flat, and neither are the oceans.  That is the whole point.

Quote ...moreover Allah says in ch 79 v 30,they had made earth as egg shaped which is geospherical which is right.

I'm sorry, but that is not what the verse says.  Look it up.  The M Asad translation says "And after that, the earth: wide has He spread its expanse", and all mainstream translations are similar.  This "egg-shaped" notion is a modern distortion.

Quote satan is a jinn and he doesn't need book to astray people,...

Satan doesn't need a book, but God does?

Quote ...those who stick to Qur'an R difficult preys for him,otherwise All will obey him,that's y life is the test,in judgement day Allah will c who had obeyed Satan and who obeyed Allah,one thing for sure the last destination for Satan and his followers is hell.

Perhaps life is a test, and perhaps that is why God allowed Satan to send his book, to see who would be led astray by it and who would instead choose to follow their consciences.

I don't know for sure where the Quran came from, whether from God of Satan or Muhammad or anywhere else; but if I had a Creator, then the one thing I know for sure came from God is my own conscience.  Therefore anything that conflicts with my conscience cannot be from God.  That is the ultimate test.

nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2013 at 8:29pm

it depends on about taking meaning,U say spread out means flat,

NABA, stick with the topic you started.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2013 at 10:10pm
I'd say "universe" is about as broad a topic as I can imagine.Wink

Seriously, NABA's purpose is obviously to impress us with the depth and accuracy of scientific knowledge in the Quran.  I think it is reasonable to investigate that claim using other examples.

Edited by Ron Webb - 05 July 2013 at 10:11pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2013 at 11:57pm

In several chapters of Qur'an it is mentioned that how Satan become evil,he is a jinn,Satan said he was created by fire and man is from earth,he didn't bow in front of him,Allah punished Satan,but Satan said that he will try to astray people from right path,Allah said that he will give time to Satan to astray people till judgement day,Allah said those who have strong belief will never come in trap of Satan,Allah said that the final destination of Satan and his followers will b hell,on judgement day even Satan will say that U should have obeyed Allah because his promise is TRUE,ur logic that Satan send book to astray people is funny,because good things are being taught not acquired,that's y Allah had send book to guide people,for eg in other places we were talking about fornication,suppose a beautiful unmarried girl agrees to have sex with a man,but if man obeys Allah he will say no,but if man is way away from Allah he will say yes,another example we Muslims offer compulsory congregation salaah on Friday,a TRUE believer will never miss that,but man away from Allah will watch movie in cinema at that time,u also know that people don't need teachers to learn bad habits,my meaning of spread out is not flat any thing to b laid needs to spread out,that's y ocean is spread out,land is spread out,Allah in ch 39 v 41-Truth is in front of u either except it and become successful or fall astray,in simple meaning Qur'an is in front of u accept it or reject it.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2013 at 2:45pm

In several chapters of Qur'an it is mentioned that how Satan become evil,he is a jinn,Satan said he was created by fire and man is from earth,he didn't bow in front of him,Allah punished Satan,but Satan said that he will try to astray people from right path,Allah said that he will give time to Satan to astray people till judgement day,Allah said those who have strong belief will never come in trap of Satan,Allah said that the final destination of Satan and his followers will b hell,on judgement day even Satan will say that U should have obeyed Allah because his promise is TRUE,

Why would Allah give Satan any time at all?  Is that how you would treat your children?  Would you step back and let evil people lie to them and corrupt them and condemn them to eternal hell?  Is that what a loving God would do?

Quote ur logic that Satan send book to astray people is funny,because good things are being taught not acquired,that's y Allah had send book to guide people,for eg in other places we were talking about fornication,suppose a beautiful unmarried girl agrees to have sex with a man,but if man obeys Allah he will say no,but if man is way away from Allah he will say yes,

Why is it better for him to say no than to say yes?

Quote another example we Muslims offer compulsory congregation salaah on Friday,a TRUE believer will never miss that,but man away from Allah will watch movie in cinema at that time,

Again, if he would rather go to the cinema, why shouldn't he?  It seems like your religion prohibits anything that gives people pleasure.  Are you SURE it is from Allah and not Satan?

Quote u also know that people don't need teachers to learn bad habits,my meaning of spread out is not flat any thing to b laid needs to spread out,that's y ocean is spread out,land is spread out,Allah in ch 39 v 41-Truth is in front of u either except it and become successful or fall astray,in simple meaning Qur'an is in front of u accept it or reject it.

We can only see a tiny bit of it at a time, so to us it may appear to be spread out (flat); but God could see the whole earth at once and would know that it is a sphere.  Of all possible shapes, a sphere has the least surface area for its size, i.e. is the least spread out.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic