IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hareems vs. dating?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hareems vs. dating?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Janissary7 Janissary7 wrote:

NABA, I guess what Im saying is which is more sinful? The hareems of the ottoman sultans?

Or the love/dating relationships of american teenagers/ college students? At least with former it seems�that at least the women were protected.

It seemed hypocritical for this girl to be criticizing Islamic empire, since she herslef did immoral things....

With reference to my above post,
It was not sinful for men to have intimate relations with their unmarried slaves.

A love/dating relationship of today is not at all like that - its a sin for free men and women to mix as they do in our times.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2013 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

It was not sinful for men to have intimate relations with their unmarried slaves.

A love/dating relationship of today is not at all like that - its a sin for free men and women to mix as they do in our times.

So it's okay to have sex with a woman against her will, as long as she is your property and unable to resist; but it's wrong to have sex with a free woman who consents willingly? Wacko
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2013 at 8:58am
at Ron Webb,she is saying it was,at that time verse regarding adultery and fornication was not laid out.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2013 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

So it's okay to have sex with a woman against her will, as long as she is your property and unable to resist; but it's wrong to have sex with a free woman who consents willingly? [IMG]http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley29.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Wacko" />

Where did you get that?

You want to read between the lines ... nice !

[/COLOR]
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2013 at 8:45pm

So it's okay to have sex with a woman against her will, as long as she is your property and unable to resist; but it's wrong to have sex with a free woman who consents willingly? [IMG]http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley29.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Wacko" />

Where did you get that?

Greetings Nausheen,
I'm sorry to say, but I get the very same message as Ron, and it is quite disturbing to say the least.
Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 10:05am

So it's okay to have sex with a woman against her will, as long as she is your property and unable to resist; but it's wrong to have sex with a free woman who consents willingly?

Where did you get that?

I'm just restating what you said, only more clearly.  Which part do you disagree with?

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 11:15am
Very frustrating that my posts are so delayed and interrupt the flow of the thread. Unhappy
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 11:46pm
Ron and CH,

Can you please quote where I said it was okay for the master to rape his unmarrid female slaves?

[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic