IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New convert!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New convert!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nandia11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New convert!
    Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:57am
Assalaamu Alaikum Everyone,

I just recently joined Islam City forum and I was looking for a good muslim community blog that I can join where I can get deeper into my new faith. I am a convert former christian. I converted back in March after months of research on Islam. A friend of mines told me about Islam and instantly I became curious. I went and researched on my own of Islam. Allah Akbar he has opened my eyes and ears to a new way of life. I have grown to love everything about Islam. There isn't anything I can't deny about Islam. I am looking to interact with my fellow brothers and sisters and mold myself into a strong believer. I am at a point where am trying to break old habits which are quite difficult for me. I am now learning how to pray and practice wearing my hijab and other habits. I am asking my brothers and sisters for help. Salaam.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:16pm
Salam,

Welcome, hope you enjoye your stay.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:53am
Walaikm assalam dear Nadia,
Congratulations on reverting to Islam :)
Welcome to IC.

Hope you have a purposeful and happy stay.
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Taalibah View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taalibah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 1:46am
Wa alaikom as salam wa rahmatullah, Sister

Barakallahu Fiki. What a beautiful thing that you have accepted Islam. What an absolute bounty from Allah. May He keep you steadfast and indeed instill in you God consciousness always.

The first thing I advise you to do is download the book : Fundamentals of Tawheed by Abu Amina Bilal Philips (try Kalamullah.com) and read that. When interacting with Muslims, ensure that you are clear on your intention and always renew and purify your intention so that you will have productive chats, interactions and friendships.

I know of many sites but don't you have a Muslim community you can join? Real people? Where are you, would you like to say? Perhaps we can put you in touch with some community centres in your area where you can begin to interact with Muslims who are also on a path of seeking knowledge.

May Allah make your matters easy.
Khair In sha Allah

Taalibah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic