IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Women and viels  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women and viels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women and viels
    Posted: 29 June 2013 at 9:02am
In Qur'an in Surah An Noor ch 24 v 30-31,the dress code of man is described first,Allah says that don't wear tight clothes so that ur figure would b revealed,don't wear extravagant clothes such that it may attract opposite sex,don't wear transparent clothes,don't wear the clothes of opposite sex,don't wear the clothes of opposite religion.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2013 at 7:29pm
Decent dress is what is required. But the so called face veil, or even the extreme Burqa is not part of Islamic teaching, they are pre Islam originated. These dress were used for selling female slave purpose, as the buyer only can see the goods once paid. But than again the ugly looking female don't want to be seen around anyway, so cover up is the surprise method for the unwary suitor.

Oh btw, I personally tend to attract to women with hijab. The smell of their dress attract me for some reason.

anon512 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon512 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2013 at 8:31pm
Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering why women should cover up so much aside from it being said in the scriptures. Correct me if I'm wrong, women wear the veil because they don't want to show their body too much to men. I understand a man's mentality as I am a man too. I know how men find women attractive and all that. But, shouldn't men cover up too. I mean, if a men can get sexual thoughts or be attracted to a woman, a woman can be attracted to a man too. Shouldn't men cover up their arms as some women find muscles attractive. Shouldn't men cover their faces and hair too? Why should only women have to sacrifice? That's just my point of view. Feel free to agree, disagree and share your thoughts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic